Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Free Sirius?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 08:55 AM
ryanhoelzer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free Sirius?

I bought a used RES radio with UConnect buttons and the Sirius is working. Is there any way to tell how long I'll have service or just wait and see? Pretty sure it came out of a 2011 so it shouldn't still be under the free year. So maybe it just came out of a car and the current month hasn't ended. Could also be autobilling on someone's card and they haven't noticed. Or best of all it could be lifetime..

Old 01-18-2013, 12:33 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you get the ID number you can call sirrus and ask the trouble is they might find out that it should be turned off.
I picked up a used car and had free sirrius for almost 2 years, and my girl freind at the time thought it would be a good gift , so she got the ID number and called the rep set hmm thats interesting there's no current subscription on this radio , Off it went ...
Might have been a glitch in the system I might have had it free forever had she not called

Old 02-01-2013, 06:55 AM
ryanhoelzer

It quit already. A couple days after your post. Oh well.. Not much in life is free..

Old 02-01-2013, 03:33 PM
pjw1967
Veteran
Default Sirius

Yeah, that's the way it works. Whoever owned the car waited a few days before they activated their subscription in a new vehicle. The radio has an ID number attached to the subscription. I traded in an '08 RAV4 for my new '13 Durango R/T. I had just renewed my Sirius subscription for 2 years prior to the trade. The new D came with a 1 year free subscription. I called Sirius and within 20 minutes they had combined the free Dodge subscription with my current one. I can see online that I have 3 years now. They said they would kill the subscription in the RAV and I said sure.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:08 PM
adamj546
Rookie

I bought a truck about week and half ago and has sirus running on it. I have a feeling previous owner paid for a life subscription. Either way I am going to enjoy it till it cuts off with no plans to call and find out.

Quick Reply: Free Sirius?