Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

overhead dvd problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 01:40 PM
redneckcountry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default overhead dvd problem

I have done a search on here but could not find the same question. Sorry in advance if it has already been answered.
I have a 2010 ram with the Alpine overhead dvd player. I only use it every few months and this time when I went to use it, the screen and exterior red lights on top just blinked and there was a noise coming from the head unit similar to your emergency flashers. There was no dvd in the unit. Could not power unit off or do anything with it. When truck was powered off then back on again it would power on by itself and start blinking again. I eventually got it to stop by sliding the light switch on the rear of the unit back and forth (will not work very often) and powered off machine. I eventually got it to perform as normal and disk inserted and it played fine. Next time tried to use-same blinking. When the unit is not blinking dvd's seem to play fine. Remember it did this when no dvd was inserted so I think maybe a power issue or something else.
Hope it is an easy fix.
Thanks

Old 05-27-2013, 03:08 PM
redneckcountry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default one more piece of info

Forgot to mention that when dvd is blinking, that if I point remote at it and hold power button down that the dvd starts and plays normally until button is released. Then back to blinking. Hard to make out what is on screen when blinking but only a couple words on top left corner

Quick Reply: overhead dvd problem