Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2003 ram

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 03:57 PM
pythonbunny
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 ram

i have a 2003 1500 qc and i had all the speakers changed to polk added 2 10" subs in back and a 400 watt amp and changed the head unit worked fine. then i had circuit city add a 4 channel amp for the front and rear speakers and it took them 2 days cause they told me it had a factory amp. my question is that i didnt have the infinity system in it originally so what amp are they talking about also they cut a wire to my pass side seatbelt and now it dont work and my airbag light is on does anybody know what they did or what they are talking about cause i just talled all of it up and its 2700$ for my system and i shouldn't have all this mess after i have a pro do all the work any help would be great.

Old 09-25-2005, 07:01 PM
alpine25
Veteran
Default RE: 2003 ram

install it yourself next time

anyways, sometimes the light will come on if they unplug a wire, even if they plug it back in.

Old 09-26-2005, 03:04 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

Take it back and have them show you the factory amp that they are talkig about. The wiring diagram that they used my have been the wrong system. The airbag light just might need a comp reset. Thats gonna be a few $$ at the dealer. What I would do is take it back, tell them that none of the things were wrong and fix it! Now here comes the sticky part, some places have you do a pickup inspection. Were these things noticed when you first picked it up? This is why when I have someone asking about getting a system installed, I tell them to go to a local stereo shop instead of a chain store. It is easier to resolve issues with someone has something to loose by bad word-of-mouth, than someone just picking up a check. Don't go in their "guns ablazin" right off the bat. Like in ROAD HOUSE, Be Nice! You will get better results when acting civil vs a screaming maniac(not saying that you are one). If they do start to give you the runaround, ask for the store manager, not the dept manager. Do the old Better Business Bureu threat, ask for the district manager contact.

Old 09-26-2005, 02:22 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

Yeah, doesn't make since. I don't thnk they put an amp in the basic stereo. But first mistake, taking it to Circuit ****ty. I never trust that store and never will.

Old 09-29-2005, 01:36 AM
alpine25
Veteran

ORIGINAL: techmanbd

Yeah, doesn't make since. I don't thnk they put an amp in the basic stereo. But first mistake, taking it to Circuit ****ty. I never trust that store and never will.
or any store for that manner

Quick Reply: 2003 ram