Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Pioneer stereo

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 11:16 PM
Jdahlberg17
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer stereo

hey everyone, I am installing a pioneer deh 150mp stereo in my 1999 dodge Durango slt. we have everything hooked up besides the blue and white wire on the pioneer stereo. we are not sure what to hook this up to? and where is a good spot to put the ground? and the stereo turns on but doesn't play sound in any of the speakers? does the blue and white wire have anything to do with this? any help is appreciated. let me know if I need to add details!

Old 06-15-2013, 11:42 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

You need to connect the blue/white wire from the Pioneer deck to the solid blue wire in the harness. That is the remote on wire for the factory Infinity amp. The silver braided cable that was bolted to the back of the factory radio is the ground for the radio. It is better to ground the new deck in one of the kick panels. You can extend the ground wire down to the kick panel and ground it under an existing screw or bolt. The factory ground cable is not a very good ground, especially for a higher powered aftermarket deck. The factory ground cable can get contaminated over time.

Jimmy

Last edited by 01SilverCC; 06-16-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Pioneer stereo