Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

iPod and MyGig Radio

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 11:39 PM
justin.henrichs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod and MyGig Radio

I am trying to help one of my real good friends out with getting her iPods to work with her MyGig Radio. She has a 2011 Dodge Avenger with an RBZ Radio with a software update as of (if I got this off of the right screen) 20.02.01. She has an iPod Nano 5th Gen and an iPod Nano 7th Gen. When we first plugged them in they just both said no files found, well after thinking for awhile I realized the songs were all in the AAC format so I converted everything to MP3 thinking that would do the trick but the results were exactly the same. During my research I have read that some people have to reboot their iDevice before the plug into the radio and then it will work but we tried that and still no dice. Is her model of radio just not capable of playing from an iPod or is there a software update out by chance? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:05 AM
Junglist9MR

RBZ stereos are not compatible with media players (ipod/iphone, zune, droid, windows phone or any USB device) via USB port.

from the Uconnect website:
Included Features

Hi-res 6.5-inch touchscreen with QVGA display
AM/FM radio
CD/DVD player+
Audio input jack
Internal Hard Drive
USB port for playing or transferring files+
SiriusXM Satellite Radio
http://www.driveuconnect.com/system/...r/touch430rbz/
meaning you may play media files from a thumb/flash drive or transfer media files to the internal hard drive

Old 08-10-2013, 09:02 AM
justin.henrichs

Originally Posted by Junglist9MR
RBZ stereos are not compatible with media players (ipod/iphone, zune, droid, windows phone or any USB device) via USB port.

from the Uconnect website:

http://www.driveuconnect.com/system/...r/touch430rbz/
meaning you may play media files from a thumb/flash drive or transfer media files to the internal hard drive
I was not aware of that, thank you for the heads up!

Old 08-15-2013, 12:04 PM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, so just a little FYI here about this and hopefully a little clarification.
1) While the website is correct, it is also wrong.
2) It is correct that the USB connector will not play media devices other than a thumb drive.
3) But it is incorrect about the system not being able to play media devices. (seems to be a bit confusing, doesn't it)

IF the vehicle has Uconnect installed

4) There are 2 USB connectors in this vehicle if the Uconnect system is a factory installed unit. (A) one on the radio face plate & (B) one in either the console or glovebox.
5) The USB on the radio "will not play media devices other than a thumb drive".
6) The USB in the center console or glovebox will play any USB media device (iPod, iPhone, MP3 players etc, but it will not play Zune devices because of their format). It will also play audio from some phones that support it as a mass media device. Most newer phones don't support this profile, instead they support MTP files which are not compatible with Uconnect.
7) If the Uconnect system was installed after the vehicle was built, then the optional USB / iPod cable may not have been installed. (PN 82212160). This cable can be found for about $35 and easily installed.

Hope this is helpful.

Quick Reply: iPod and MyGig Radio