Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

alpine or explodes?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 01:56 AM
t4dude
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alpine or explodes?

what is the better system? 12's or 10's the alpine puts out 2500watts and the explode pts out 2000watts. are these good systems? im getting a cdplayer,subs,and amp. any sugjestions?

Old 10-02-2005, 03:23 AM
alpine25
Veteran
Default RE: alpine or explodes?

Get me some links,

There are so many different lines of alpine and sony.

Sony also has a reputation for overrating their stuff, while alpine underrates theirs.

Old 10-02-2005, 03:32 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

I'd go with Alpine if you can afford it.... If you choose to go Sony, you should run two amps instead of one. The Explodes are over-rated power wise and they really do need a specific amount of wattage per speaker.

I'd take the Explode 10"'s with 2 1200 watt amps and you'd be decent....

Just make sure you try not to mix and match components....

Old 10-02-2005, 03:48 AM
t4dude
Captain

both of my systems are at american the store. i can afford both. but with these subs do i actully need to buya 100$ box or will a cheap box do?

Old 10-02-2005, 03:57 AM
t4dude
Captain

the alipines are type r's

Old 10-02-2005, 04:09 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

If you can honestly afford the Alpine system, I would buy it and end the discussion. Alpine is in a different class as opposed to Sony. If you cant afford the Alpine system, then the Sony system isnt bad. I have 2 Sony 10" and 2 1200 Watt amps. I need to buy a new HU before I put it in my car. I've heard the same system in a different car and it absolutely pounded the hell outta it.

I dont care which system you buy, it all boils down to a great installation and good soundproofing/system setup. Make sure they run the power line on the opposite side of the car, away from the RCA's and ground line. Make sure you get a box that meets the required cubic ft/in of air space needed. Too many people buying cheapo boxes and custom boxes without making sure their space requirements are met. Just do your homework and you should be alright!

Old 10-02-2005, 04:22 PM
alpine25
Veteran

Build a box yourself

And yes, the type r's pound in the right box with the right power

Most people give them around 700-800 rms all day.

Im running 1500 rms to one 12 right now and it is loud, but you wouldnt want to give it that all day.

Old 10-04-2005, 12:40 AM
pimped_neon_RT
Rookie

Man if any one picked Sony over Alpine they should be kicked between the legs! I meen if you didnt have the money thats a different story but if you have some money go with the Alpine....my god!

Old 10-04-2005, 01:16 AM
t4dude
Captain

if you guys dont mind me asking how much if you have alpines pay for them? and if they are type r's how much for those? one 12" is 195$ were i am looking at. also does my cd player have to be the same brand as my subs?

Old 10-04-2005, 01:27 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Type-R's are the higher end subs if I do recall correctly. Higher end stuff tends to be a little more expensive per unit and yes they are worth it.

No, your headunit/cd player doesnt need to be the same as your subs. Just make sure that its a good brand and that it meets the needs of your system. Being caught up in brand names over performance is just stupid.

While Sony isnt the greatest of brands.... ANY system can be setup to blow the doors off your car. Setups determine the quality of your system MORE then the quality of your system's components. If you have a top of the line system but a crappy setup....you will almost always lose out to a guy who has average stuff but a great setup.

Setup = the way your system is installed/setup. Whether you have a custom box or a prefab box from some local audio store, whether you ran your lines together or seperate, whether you ran a secondary battery for the system or not.....whether you used Dynomat or some other kind of soundproofing....

Bottom line, I say again, buy the Alpines if you can afford it....

Quick Reply: alpine or explodes?