Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Uconnect & iOS 7 Bluetooth Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 06:40 PM
pitheist
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uconnect & iOS 7 Bluetooth Issues

Hey guys. I have a 2012 Dodge Journey. I've been using my iPhone 5 to stream bluetooth audio to my Journey since I got the vehicle. I updated to iOS 7 last Wednesday and everything was working as it always has.

But today, something odd happened. I got into my car after work and the phone itself was connected, but music was not. On the Uconnect, for phones paired, it would show my phone as connected. But under audio, it wasn't. When I tap to connect, it says the device was out of range, even though it makes and receives calls just fine.

I would blame iOS 7, but if that's the case, why did it work up until today? I've been using iOS 7 since last Wednesday when it was released and didn't have an issue until today.

I've deleted the pair and forgot the device on my phone multiple times, but I run into the same issue each time.

I sent an e-mail to Uconnect, but based on the way they 'handled' an issue I had last year, I doubt they'll be any help.

Anyone have any tips or ideas?

Old 10-07-2013, 07:25 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2 iPhones and once in awhile they start acting up with features other than just BT. I will reboot them and then they start working correctly again. Rebooting isn't the same as just turning it off and back on again. You need to hold the power and home buttons at the same time until the apple appears, then release them. The phone will no reboot. I'd try this while waiting for a return call.

Originally Posted by pitheist
Hey guys. I have a 2012 Dodge Journey. I've been using my iPhone 5 to stream bluetooth audio to my Journey since I got the vehicle. I updated to iOS 7 last Wednesday and everything was working as it always has.

But today, something odd happened. I got into my car after work and the phone itself was connected, but music was not. On the Uconnect, for phones paired, it would show my phone as connected. But under audio, it wasn't. When I tap to connect, it says the device was out of range, even though it makes and receives calls just fine.

I would blame iOS 7, but if that's the case, why did it work up until today? I've been using iOS 7 since last Wednesday when it was released and didn't have an issue until today.

I've deleted the pair and forgot the device on my phone multiple times, but I run into the same issue each time.

I sent an e-mail to Uconnect, but based on the way they 'handled' an issue I had last year, I doubt they'll be any help.

Anyone have any tips or ideas?

Quick Reply: Uconnect & iOS 7 Bluetooth Issues