Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Green display color change?

Old 12-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Black Jack
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Green display color change?

So does anyone know if the crappy green gear selector and overhead can be changed without having to use some kind of tint? I would like to go to just plain white and I haven't had the time to tear my dash out just to tinker with the displays. Either white or red but I don't know how colors would turn out with that base crap green color.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:20 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Just tint? No.

You need to replace the bulbs (LEDs)

Old 12-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Black Jack
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would I have to use a tint at all? I know a lot of people are into doing the blue conversion, and I didn't know if I wanted to change the incandescent bulbs to white LEDs if it would go to white or if the green color in all the displays are a color embedded in the materials. The hues with blue and green are not that different and make for an easy crossover if the green is a permanent color. I just don't wanna get white LEDs and have a brighter, crisper crap green color. I know that ultimately a custom face gauge could make things easier but I cant spend that kind of money for awhile just for farts and giggles like I used to when I was single with no kids.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Green display color change?