Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

GRR... UConnect kicking my TAIL!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 10:16 PM
sgtstop
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GRR... UConnect kicking my TAIL!!!

Can someone tell me what we are doing wrong? We have a 430RBZ in a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew that we bought used. We (my wife and I) are getting our rear-ends handed to us by this thing.

We followed every instruction we have found on a google search, owner's manual, etc to pair a phone for hands-free, but every time we hold the phone button down on the radio it puts up a message on the screen "UConnect not available".

Is this something that we just don't have as an option? Something the previous owner/dealer did to bilk more money?

HELP!!!!

Dave

Old 01-09-2014, 01:14 PM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That message is telling that Uconnect is not installed in your vehicle. The raio is Uconnect ready, which means that you can add Uconnect to it if it wasn't factory installed. You can find the kit on line for about $225 (PN 82212159) and there is an optional iPod / USB cable that you can purchase for about $35 (PN 82212160). The installation is quite simple to do and after the install, you'll need to take the vehicle to the dealer and they will program it for sales code RSP. You'll want to call around for this because the price will range from 50 - $100. Hope this helps

Originally Posted by sgtstop
Can someone tell me what we are doing wrong? We have a 430RBZ in a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew that we bought used. We (my wife and I) are getting our rear-ends handed to us by this thing.

We followed every instruction we have found on a google search, owner's manual, etc to pair a phone for hands-free, but every time we hold the phone button down on the radio it puts up a message on the screen "UConnect not available".

Is this something that we just don't have as an option? Something the previous owner/dealer did to bilk more money?

HELP!!!!

Dave

Quick Reply: GRR... UConnect kicking my TAIL!!!