Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

430 RBZ not saving all MP3's from thumbdrive?

Old 02-08-2014, 01:58 PM
mcgusto
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 430 RBZ not saving all MP3's from thumbdrive?

Hi all,
I've been loading MP3's via the front USB port and noticed that at least a 1/4 are not being saved to the drive.
I've formatted the drive, uploaded files a bit of a time (instead of all at once) and tried other USB sticks (NTFS and FAT32) with no luck.
Sometimes browsing folders on the USB stick to copy over, will produce an "unsupported format" error.
All files are MP3 and there are no other file types inside.
Any tips? Is it possible the MP3s are tagged with something the 430 doesn't like?
Otherwise, the 430 RBX is a great unit, too bad my SIRIUS 1yr trial is almost up

BTW, is there an official site to download firmware for the 430? I've seen post for 430N users burning the firmware to CD/thumb drive and updating this way, maybe this will help with my issue.

Last one, i also tried uploading MP3's via the glove compartment USB drive, but none of the sticks i used were detected at all!?!

Last edited by mcgusto; 02-08-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:39 PM
mmark27
Rookie

You can only load a certain number to the HDD at a time from the flash drive. So on your flash drive, just try to take 20 folders at a time. load them to your car, then remove flash drive, delete, load up the next 20. Rinse and repeat for as many times as necessary. There is also a limit on the number of folders it will allow, so if you have nested folders inside folders, clean that up. The radio uses the MP3 tags anyways, so you could put them all in there in a huge single folder if you like.

Its just the ****tay file system that Uconnect has chosen to use, it can't index a thumb drive with more than it likes on there.

Old 02-21-2014, 07:15 AM
mmark27
Rookie

Here are some details in this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2018922

Sent from my SPH-L720 using IB AutoGroup

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 430 RBZ not saving all MP3's from thumbdrive?