Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

help: my phone / Uconnect is acting up

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 07:19 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help: my phone / Uconnect is acting up

Mods, This may be a good post / thread to be a sticky.

I have helped a few people that have phones that are not performing well or at all with their Uconnect systems. They have a phone that has been working correctly and out of the blue the phone is having issues. The first complaint is usually about the Uconnect system. However, it's usually not Uconnect at fault but the phone itself.

Let's try the easiest thing first before you go to the factory resetting of either device, deleting the pairing of the 2 devices and re-pairing or even going to the dealer to have a new module installed. I'd like to point out that when a phone is having random issues such as this then the first thing you'll want to do is a simple reboot of the phone. If you have already reset the phone, then it'll most likely start performing correctly because the reset of the phone is a hard reboot. I have found that the phones of today need to be rebooted occasionally just like our laptops and PC's. I have the IPhone 5S now and have had the 4S as well. I have been rebooting them both for issues other than BT related issues. There are times that I don't get any notifications of incoming calls or text messages when I am out of the car.
After I do a reboot of the phone everything works correctly.

1) A rebooting of the phone is the easiest thing to first try and it doesn't delete any of your stored data, pictures or contacts.
2) A rebooting of the phone is not the same as simply turning the phone off and then back on.
3) A rebooting of cell phones are needed on ALL Smartphones, (BlackBerry, IPhone's, Android, Windows etc).
4) I personally reboot my IPhone randomly just to keep from having issues, I also have my kids reboot their Samsung S3's and my wife's S4 randomly as well.
The reason why we need to reboot the phones (and some need it more often than others) is because when we open an APP and then leave the APP, we assume that it's now closed. But they're not, they are still open and working in the background. Once there are several open APP's, the phones processor starts slowing down and the phone doesn't work properly.

A) On phones where the battery is accessible, remove it for a couple minutes then reinsert it. The phone will now reboot.
B) On Motorola Droids with the Android version ICS, hold the volume down button for 3 seconds, then press the power button till the phone resets, this will be a reboot.
C) On IPhone's, press the home and power buttons till the Apple comes up on the screen, then release the buttons, the phone will reboot.
D) On the HTC phones, I only know of having to do a factory reset. But I do have an email out looking for more info on a reboot.

**** There are some phones that I have not yet figured out how to do a reboot on but I am looking into getting more information on them.*****

So the next time when the phone starts acting up, try a reboot. Ok, it'll most likely help.

Quick Reply: help: my phone / Uconnect is acting up