Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

How to improve RHR 730N sound.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 10:24 PM
lkrouse
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to improve RHR 730N sound.

There's lots of threads that talk to the disappointing sound quality of the RHR 730N. My 2012 Durango is no different. I have been looking for a way to help the sound without replacing the factory equipment. The sound isn't horrible but it lacks punch on both the high and low end. I was especially disappointed in the bass. I expected the woofer to really help but it's hard to tell it's even there.

I finally found a way to make a big improvement in the sound. I found a program called Bass Treble Booster (www.mypcsoft.com) that really worked. There is a free and paid version. I tried the free ... liked it and bought the paid version. I take all of my music files and run them through this program. I push both the bass and treble up about 15db and slowly decrease the boost so that I'm flat at mid tones. You have to be careful not to push too much or it will clip and the audio starts to sound poor. (I also use a program called Sony Sound Forge to look at the new file and make sure that I haven't set the boost too high.) You can then load a whole list of music files and tell the program where you want the output and sit back and let the program convert all the files.... it's actually pretty fast. I couldn't believe the sound quality difference... crisp highs and thundering bass. I play most of my music from USB sticks but have copied some of those improved files to the HDD and they sound just as good from there.

If you want to keep the stock system, give this a try. Unfortunately, it doesn't help the AM/FM/Sat quality. The 730N's problem is clearly that lousy equalizer... too back they can't do a software upgrade to allow more high and low boost.

Quick Reply: How to improve RHR 730N sound.