Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

12" sub box under 2005 QC rear seats

Old 08-05-2014, 03:21 AM
jmath0810
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12" sub box under 2005 QC rear seats

been doing all kinds of searching and couldn't really find a how to on this topic. Plenty of stuff but just not exact.. so here goes my first post!

I've been wondering on how to build one of these enclosures. my truck has the folding platform (i plan on removing). the question i have is how do you lift/raise the seats to ensure when passengers are in the back, they don't harm your subs?
A lot has been said how two 12" subs won't fit under the rear seats but i know for certain they do (a good friend just recently put a 12" type s under his. just makes me a little uncomfortable with the seat so close and all. i plan on building my own sub boxes and porting them out the center right above the cup holders and having it poly filled (as the kicker instructions state). the two subs will be on either side, where the storage compartments are. They are alpine type R's and require 6 3/8" depth to mount. each will be pushing 950 watts rms @2ohms from a 1500w audio pipeline amp. (amp has yet to find a home, either under center console or driver seat)

i also have the question of power from the truck. will the stock electrical and alternator, etc. be enough for this type of setup? I'm new to this so bear with me..

so two questions are:
1. how to raise the seats to fit around 8" space under them
2. will the stock electrical be able to handle it

Old 08-05-2014, 01:36 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Ram or Dakota?

You are probably better off re-wiring everything to handle the additional power.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:03 AM
Squints
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of vehicle are you planning on doing this to? I tried doing it in my 2003 dodge ram quad cab. Wen with some pioneer 12's that were compact subs. That way the depth wasn't an issue for the sound. Tried building a bracket for it to raise the seats 6" but in the end I went with a setup that just split the back seat and went from the top of the seat to the floor.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 12" sub box under 2005 QC rear seats