Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Sub Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 03:40 PM
Cnasty
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sub Help

Here is my dilemma. I just bought an '05 reg cab and before that I had the extended cab Ford Ranger. This is the box and subwoofer I ran in that truck. Does anyone know of an ingenius idea or way to get this box in the 1500 or am i gonna have to sell it and start from scratch. I love this box and amp as it sounded awesome, but the room for it is sort of lacking in the Ram.
Here are some pics. If no,does anyone know a good site to get a custom built for a good price for a 12' to fit the 1500 or am i gonna have to settle and start all over?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-27-2005, 05:36 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: Sub Help

There's no way you are using that box in the 1500 without either removing something or modifying your truck to fit it.

You have two options...go with a stealth type box designed for a 1500 and lose leg room.....or you could look into replacing the center armrest with a sub box. There a few companies that make self contained replacements for your arm rest and are converted into a subwoofer box....

You could also modify your doors and put 8" subs in each door....eliminating the need for both the box and to modify anything else....

Old 10-27-2005, 06:23 PM
highline95jl
Record Breaker

Or you could just put it in the passanger seat and get a new form of AC. Honestly dude, like the man above said, your gonna need a new box or something. You can mod out the doors also like he said and that would be hella cool.

Old 10-27-2005, 08:16 PM
2big2dodge
Professional

or do what i did instead of buyin a new box, i had a dual 10" box that had to much depth to go beinh the seats, and i wanted 1 single boxes so i but the damn thing is half with good measurements so then i had 2 single enclosed boxes. but then there was the depth again so cut some back off the box and screw a back lid back on and your done.