Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Alpine cd player?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 12:31 AM
theshocker
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine cd player?????

I recently installed an alpine 9811 cdplayer in my truck. The problem is that it does not play cd's[:@]. It runs just as if it was playing but no audio come sthrough. The tuner works fine and I hit the reset button several time in hopes to fix the problem. Outside of it not playing any discs the player functions fine. Like I said, it runs the track time as if it were playing the disc. I thought maybe some might have some experience with some cd players out there and had a tip or two for me. Any feed back would be great!!!

p.s. There was a ground wire attached to the back of the factory head unit. I left it unattached and just hooked up the basic wire harness which has a ground in it. That wouldn't have anything to do with it would it???

Old 11-01-2005, 12:35 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: Alpine cd player?????

Well, if the tuner works, and you are getting audio out of the unit....then you should, should, should have everything hooked up.

However, are you using burned CD's? Are you trying different CD's? What bout actual real CD's, of the store bought in the single case variety?

I would yank the unit and hook up that ground. Nowadays these units have a bunch of cords that have to be plugged in, even if they serve no actual purpose...

I would PM Alpine25, as he's a big fan of the Alpine equipment and probably knows it better then most....

Old 11-01-2005, 12:56 AM
theshocker
Veteran

I figured it out. There is two remote wires coming from the deck, solid blue and blue w/ white stripe. Apperentlly the solid blue wire turnes on the amp for the tuner only, so I hooked up the blue w/ white and everything works just fine now. In all of my past rides I have always used an external amp and not just the head unit so this was a new one for me. Oh well, learn somthing new everyday right!!??
Thanks for the feed back DevilsReject!

Old 11-01-2005, 01:10 AM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

Yes that would be correct. The solid blue is for the power antenna. So when the tuner is on you put power on it to get the antenna up. And when in the cd mode it turns off since you don't need the antenna, and the Blue/White is the ACC or remote power that goes to the amp

Quick Reply: Alpine cd player?????