Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Pioneer problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 10:15 PM
mirricleboy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer problems

Not real a problem with my HU, but mainly the wireing, there isnt an adapter for my type of HU, so i have to hook all the wires up, any 1 tryed this, easy or a hard job?

Also i have a face plate to cover the gap left from the old stock HU, but IMO it look terrible, any 1 know any makes of face plate that dont leave my dash looking pants?

Old 11-11-2005, 04:04 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pioneer problems

ORIGINAL: mirricleboy

Not real a problem with my HU, but mainly the wireing, there isnt an adapter for my type of HU, so i have to hook all the wires up, any 1 tryed this, easy or a hard job?

Also i have a face plate to cover the gap left from the old stock HU, but IMO it look terrible, any 1 know any makes of face plate that dont leave my dash looking pants?

First need to know what vehicle you have, the HU has its own wiring harness and then you buy the wiring harness that matches the vehicle at any stereo shop. If it is a common vehicle places like walmart will have it. Then connect the two together. Sometimes like the magnums that dont have a ignition controlled power, you have to tap into another wire. The faceplate situation has always been a pain ever since the begining of HU replacement started. The one for my magnum leaves the half circles seam visible. About the only way to get it to look good is to fill it and then repaint it. Later on that is what I am going to have done to mine.

Quick Reply: Pioneer problems