Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

USB ports not working (2017 Charger)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 10:26 AM
imbatman21
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USB ports not working (2017 Charger)

Hey guys,

The USB Ports inside the center armrest are not working on my brand new 2017 Charger R/T. When i checked with the dealer, he said it should be an easy fix (this was in February, when i bought the car). And i could not pass the deal on the car

The service center told me that they would need to replace the whole USB console (which includes AUX as well), and they placed an order for that part in March. After two weeks, i called the dealer to check the status, they told me that 'It is a back order'!

It has been more than month, so i called Dodge customer care directly and i was assigned a Customer care manager, she followed up with the dealer and called me again and said that the expected delivery date of the ordered part is in 'September 2017' -_- which is so stupid!!

Any of Charger or Dodge owners are facing this USB issue? or found a solution?
I would love to use Android Auto and play songs via USB.

Please suggest, thanks in advance

Old 07-20-2017, 09:12 PM
Lynn Hutson

Originally Posted by imbatman21
Hey guys,

The USB Ports inside the center armrest are not working on my brand new 2017 Charger R/T. When i checked with the dealer, he said it should be an easy fix (this was in February, when i bought the car). And i could not pass the deal on the car

The service center told me that they would need to replace the whole USB console (which includes AUX as well), and they placed an order for that part in March. After two weeks, i called the dealer to check the status, they told me that 'It is a back order'!

It has been more than month, so i called Dodge customer care directly and i was assigned a Customer care manager, she followed up with the dealer and called me again and said that the expected delivery date of the ordered part is in 'September 2017' -_- which is so stupid!!

Any of Charger or Dodge owners are facing this USB issue? or found a solution?
I would love to use Android Auto and play songs via USB.

Please suggest, thanks in advance

Any update on this issue? Mine went out too. Pulling and re-inserting fuse 38 fixed it. It's only been a day though.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:43 PM
imbatman21

Originally Posted by Lynn Hutson
Any update on this issue? Mine went out too. Pulling and re-inserting fuse 38 fixed it. It's only been a day though.
They replaced the whole USB Hub for the second time, and I started having the issue the very same day. I had complained about this directly to Dodge and they had assigned me a case manager. So as it stopped working the same day, I went back and they placed an order for a new USB Hub again. Unfortunately this part is always back ordered, I'm having this issue since March, so you can imagine how fast they deliver this part to the dealer. Currently my estimated arrival is July 26th (for which order was placed on June 13th). Removing and reconnecting the fuse 38 works for me too, but temporarily. But that's not what I want for a brand new car for which I paid more than 30k.
I'd suggest you go back to the dealer right away and have them start working on it.
Dodge really needs to take care of this issue.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:45 PM
Lynn Hutson

Any update on this issue anyone? My update is pulling fuse 38 no longer works. It worked from th first time I pulled it till now, bout a month. Tried pulling fuse 20 times now and they won't recognize anything. What's strange is 38 says ABSModule lol

Last edited by Lynn Hutson; 08-25-2017 at 09:51 PM.