Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

KENWOOD KVT-817DVD WIRING QUESTION. HELP PLEASE.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 02:49 AM
biglg
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KENWOOD KVT-817DVD WIRING QUESTION. HELP PLEASE.

I have the Kenwood KVT-817DVD head unit. I have a JL 500/1 and a crossfire VR354 amp. On the external receiver unit for the DVD player there are two wires, one blue/white called the power control wire (instructions say: When using the optional power amplifier, connect to its power control terminal), also a pink/black wire, called the External amplifier control wire (instructions say: To "EXT. AMP. CONT." terminal of the amplifier having the external amp function). WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?

Which wire do I want to run my remote leads from my amp to?? Blue/white, or black/pink?

Lastly, do I need to run a remote wire from each amp to the wire out of the receiver unit, or can I connect the vr354 remote wire to the jl amp then the jl amp to the receiver? Thanks guys.

Old 11-23-2005, 09:37 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KENWOOD KVT-817DVD WIRING QUESTION. HELP PLEASE.

Use the Blue/white. And yes you can "daisy-chain" the turn on lead. Extend the turnon lead to one amp then take another wire to the other amp. As for the difference, Hmmmmmm I dunno. I have the Kenwood DDX-7017DVD. I cant remember if there was a pink/black there or not.

Quick Reply: KENWOOD KVT-817DVD WIRING QUESTION. HELP PLEASE.