Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

THE ANSWER TO FAC H/U TO A/M H/U SOUND PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 01:53 AM
White Ghost
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THE ANSWER TO FAC H/U TO A/M H/U SOUND PROBLEM

I HAVE A 99 DODGE RAM 1500 QUAD CAB 4X4 IF YOU CAN'T GET SOUND OUT OF YOUR STOCK SPEAKERS AFTER CHANGING FAC HEAD UINT (H/U) . THIS IS WHAT I DID.I FOUND OUT WHAT WIRE TURNED THE FAC AMP ON. THIS WILL BE A REMOTEPOWER WIRE . REMOTE POWER IS NEEDED TO TURN THE FAC AMP ON . FAC AMPS WORKS LIKE A/M AMPS TWO POWER WIRES REMOTE AND 12 VOLT CONSTANT POWER . AFTER REMOVING FAC H/U UNPLUG THE GRAY AND BLACK PLUGS FORM THE BACK OF THE H/U . THAN THE ANT AND BLACK GROUND WIRE . CONNECT YOUR A/M WIRING KIT TO YOUR NEW H/U AS SHOWEN IN THE DIAGRAM THAT CAME WITH IT. ON THE FAC BLACK PLUG WHERE MOST OF THE SPEAKER WIRES ARE. THERE IS A BLUE WIRE WITH A ORANGE STRIPE ON IT. THIS WIRE IS YOUR REMOTE POWER WIRE FOR THE FAC AMP . I CONNECTED THIS WIRE TO THE POWER ANT WIRE / REMOTE POWER WIRE . THIS TURNS ON THE FAC AMP WITCH IN TURN GIVES YOU SOUND FORM YOUR FAC INFINITY SPEAKERS. I'VE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH DOING THIS . MY STEREO' ROCKS WITH FAC FRONT AND REAR DOOR SPEAKERS AND TWEETER IN THE PILLARS. PLUS TWO 1200 WATT 12' SONY EXPODE SUBS IN A HOME MADE BOX. POWERED BY A 1000 WATT 4 CHANNEL SONY EXPLODE AMP. MY BUDE SAID HE CAN HEAR ME COMING FROM TWO BLOCKS AWAY . HE'S IN THE HOUSE WITH THE WINDOWS CLOSED . CAN YOU FEEL THE BASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK IF YOU TRY THIS!!............................................ ........................... WHITE GHOST

Old 12-06-2005, 06:03 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker
Default RE: THE ANSWER TO FAC H/U TO A/M H/U SOUND PROBLEM

this only works for 2003 and below trucks. 2004 and up use serial comunications to turn on the amp. And the volume is controlled through the Fac HU through the serial port of the amp. The Fac HU puts out a constant volume signal to the amp and the volume is raised in the amp.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:59 PM
96GCSE
Default RE: THE ANSWER TO FAC H/U TO A/M H/U SOUND PROBLEM

I jus' tried this with my 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Sport with the 8 speaker Infinity Sound System and IT WORKED!!!!!I don't have a Sub hooked up in the rear of my van but who needs it when you got 8 speakers rockin' in a Minivan! Makes these guys in their Tuners mad but I'm lovin' it! I thank you graciously White Ghost for this bit of advice!

Quick Reply: THE ANSWER TO FAC H/U TO A/M H/U SOUND PROBLEM