Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Upgrading speakers

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 04:08 AM
bullitt1229
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Upgrading speakers

I didn't have much luck with my last post, so I will try a new one. Does anyone know of a direct fit replacement speaker for the rears. It seems everyone that I see requires custom installation. If someone could help me out, that would be great. I have a 2003 Dodge Ram QC with the AM/FM/CD player. Thanks for all the help.

Old 05-01-2004, 02:23 PM
kaostik
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Upgrading speakers

i left a message in the speakers post for you, might help you out. any Q's after that let me know.

Old 05-02-2004, 06:01 PM
mopowrmike
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HEY BULLIT THE REAR FIT PERFECT! THE POLK DB 5 1/4 FIT PERFECT NO MODIFICATIONS. THE MODEL WAS POLK DB 5.25 AND THE FRONT IM NOT SURE BUT THE GUYS SHOULD KNOW WHE N YOU ASK FOR A 6X9 HOPE THIS HELPS

Old 05-10-2004, 02:22 AM
crcarch
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I left a fairly detailed response to the "Info on the stock Infinity set up in Hemi Ram" post. You may want to check it out. I installed 6 1/2" JBL's in the rear door. They are much larger than the stock speakers but fit easily without cutting using the adapter provided with the speaker's. Since the last post, I've completed my system install. Unbelievable difference between stock Infinity and the new system. One word of additional advice: Sound deadening mats are well worth it. I put it in all four doors and completely eliminated the vibrations and tightened up the bass from the front 6x9's. Circuit City sells Tsunami mats. I used the trunk kit with was less than $60. Much cheaper than Dynamat and it works great.

Quick Reply: Upgrading speakers