Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

For the stereo experts

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 05:11 AM
troyky29
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For the stereo experts

I have a 93 Dakota. My radio does not work at all. The fuse is good. This radio has the equalizer and the stick for the speaker controls. Don't know for sure if it's the original or not. The only thing that comes on when I turn the radio on is the lights in the equalizer controls. Is this just a bad radio or is there something else I can try? I want to try everything before I buy a new radio.

Old 02-13-2006, 03:23 PM
car_audio_god
Default RE: For the stereo experts

ORIGINAL: troyky29

I have a 93 Dakota. My radio does not work at all. The fuse is good. This radio has the equalizer and the stick for the speaker controls. Don't know for sure if it's the original or not. The only thing that comes on when I turn the radio on is the lights in the equalizer controls. Is this just a bad radio or is there something else I can try? I want to try everything before I buy a new radio.
In all honesty, with a vehicle that is around 13years old...you're lucky it lasted that long. I have a 92 dakota, and if you've already check the fuse box under the dash on the drivers side, AND the fuse box under the hood... then there's not really any other options.

Old 02-14-2006, 03:07 PM
highline95jl
Record Breaker

like the man said. At this age you are extreamly lucky the things worked this long. It sounds to me like you just want a radio, not looks or kickin bass. They sell some pretty cheap HU's online on Ebay for nothing with cassett players. But If you have a little spare change go ahead and buy yourself a little cheapo CD player. Hey treat yourself a little.

Old 02-14-2006, 04:56 PM
car_audio_god

ORIGINAL: highline95jl

like the man said. At this age you are extreamly lucky the things worked this long. It sounds to me like you just want a radio, not looks or kickin bass. They sell some pretty cheap HU's online on Ebay for nothing with cassett players. But If you have a little spare change go ahead and buy yourself a little cheapo CD player. Hey treat yourself a little.
Indeed.
Look into a Sony CDXGT100 or a Pioneer DEH1800. Both are good CD players for the price.

Old 03-04-2006, 03:13 AM
stantheman
Professional

wouldnt even steal a sony. you would be better off with the pioneer. ofcourse if you want quality go for an alpine!

Old 04-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Troy_Audi0
Rookie

check ebay for some new Clarion they got some nice stuff out this year.. the DB355 is like $70 its ok for the daily driver on a bugget or that dont wanna spend ..
peace Troy

Quick Reply: For the stereo experts