Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2003 dodge 2500 door speaker

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 12:47 AM
mrgcbazball
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 dodge 2500 door speaker

what are the measurements for the 2003 door speakers for a ram 2500 4 door. it is not the infinity system just the stock dodge speakers. i'm lookin to get new speakers for it.

Old 11-07-2003, 11:24 PM
beetlebz
Rookie

according to crtuchfield, 6x9's in the front door and 6 1/2s in the back doors, with 3 1/2s in the dash. let me go check my book...
</P>

ok I called a friend of mine, crutchfield is right. just make sure the speakers you get arent too deep to fit the openings. when i put your truck into the crutchfield website, it only listed like 5 pairs ofspeakersthat will fit yourfront doors. that would indicate that you may have shallow speaker cavities. if you go to www.crutchfield.com they will tell you which speakers will fit your openings.as for the 3 1/2" speakers in the dash, he says his has them but he has the upgraded sound package, so yours may not. cant hurt to check </P>

and a word of completely seperate advice, when you go installing new speakers, the newpolk db series are top notch, and the only 6x9s that crutchfield lists that i would spend the money on. but this years kenwoods are also listed, and they arent bad speakers either! ok ok ill get off my soap box and go elsewhere </P>

Old 12-17-2003, 05:58 PM
HEMI TT
All Star

Originally Posted by mrgcbazball
what are the measurements for the 2003 door speakers for a ram 2500 4 door. it is not the infinity system just the stock dodge speakers. i'm lookin to get new speakers for it.
</P>

I know some time has passed, but small basket &amp; magnet 6x9s in the front or create a baffle for some really good 6.5s, and I had to createbaffles for the back to get my 6.5s in. They were for Audiobaun speakers, they have big baskets and magnets.</P>

Old 12-17-2003, 06:00 PM
HEMI TT
All Star

Originally Posted by beetlebz

according to crtuchfield, 6x9's in the front door and 6 1/2s in the back doors, with 3 1/2s in the dash. let me go check my book...
</P>

ok I called a friend of mine, crutchfield is right. just make sure the speakers you get arent too deep to fit the openings. when i put your truck into the crutchfield website, it only listed like 5 pairs ofspeakersthat will fit yourfront doors. that would indicate that you may have shallow speaker cavities. if you go to www.crutchfield.com they will tell you which speakers will fit your openings.as for the 3 1/2" speakers in the dash, he says his has them but he has the upgraded sound package, so yours may not. cant hurt to check </P>

and a word of completely seperate advice, when you go installing new speakers, the newpolk db series are top notch, and the only 6x9s that crutchfield lists that i would spend the money on. but this years kenwoods are also listed, and they arent bad speakers either! ok ok ill get off my soap box and go elsewhere </P>

</P>

it's the window crank that limits the size of the 6x9, its right there in the hole section so the basket can't be deep.</P>

Quick Reply: 2003 dodge 2500 door speaker