Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2004 Ram Infinity Sound System Vibration Prolems

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 12:26 AM
tvspot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Ram Infinity Sound System Vibration Prolems

I just recently picked up my new Ram with the infinity sound system, and when I listen to a song that has alittle bass in it, the drivers side door vibrates like crazy. The other doors are just fine. I pan the sound around to front, back, left, right and it only happens in the driver side door. Is anyone else experiencing this problem and is there anything I can get the dealership to do about it?

**Separate Drive train issue, not related to stereo system**
When the truck is sitting at idle, I am hearing a swish, swish, swish noise, consistant with the rpm of the engine. I have heard this noise before in my fathers old Ford pickup. But, I know my 99 Dodge Ram didn't make that noise. By the way, it is the 5.7 Hemi. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. I am planning to take this into the dealership anyways, just wanted to know if that was normal or not, before they laugh at me... Thanks in advance, Brian!

Old 05-27-2004, 10:34 AM
crcarch
Professional
Default RE: 2004 Ram Infinity Sound System Vibration Prolems

The door speakers are subs in the Infinity system. The doors are very good for that. If you have anything hard in the cubby holes at the bottom of the door, you're going to get a vibration. Plus the door itself is going to vibrate. Keeping the stuff out of the doors helps. You may also want to install sound insulation material on the door face and the interior panel where the speaker is mounted. You have to take off the door panel and the speaker plus work around the wind seal, but it's not difficult to install if you cut the mats into small pieces. This did the trick for me.

Haven't a clue about the whiring sound. If it's from the engine compartment, it's probably coming from the serpentine belt. Mine has a high pitched whoosing sound (like a blower) when I floor it. Dealer says it's due to the restrictive air intake. I'll be getting rid of that soon.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-27-2004, 01:09 PM
tvspot

Thanks for your response! I just picked this truck up, so I don't have anything in any of the door bins or compartments yet. Plus, the passenger door has no vibration noises at all. I can crank it on that side and I don't hear any buzzing from the passenger door.

As far as the engine noise, I hear it when I am outside the truck or at a stop light with the windows down (reflection of the sound from the cars next to me) Its just a swish, swish, swish noise.... Probably is the Serpentine Belt or the Drive Shaft.

Old 05-27-2004, 04:30 PM
crcarch
Professional

It won't be the driveshaft if you're sitting at idle. It's not turning.

Old 05-27-2004, 11:29 PM
Matrix04
Rookie

i have the same problem with my 04 quad cab hemi with the speaker, theyve serviced it twice, done nothing, but maybe my dealer just sucks, or maybe its my truck

Old 06-01-2004, 09:49 PM
slvrmagnum
Professional

I had the same problem, if you want to know how to fix it, follow this. It first started in my driver door and then went to my passenger door and I fixed it right away. Take the door panel off, and there is a plastic liner on the entire door. Take the speaker out and then cut the liner vertically down the middle of the door and remove the half on the speaker side. The reason you do not remove all of it is because the large holes are on the opposite side as the speaker. It is this plastic that rattles. Then use some of the black goop on the piece that you cut out to seal the edge that you cut. Then put the speaker and door panel back on. The dealer did it for me on my drivers side and showed me how to take off the door and what was rattling, so when it started on the passenger door, I took the 20 minutes and did it myself. No rattling at all ever since I did it. Let me know if you all have any questions about it.

Old 06-02-2004, 08:17 PM
slvrmagnum
Professional

Take a look at this thread I started,

https://dodgeforum.com/tm.asp?m=41519

Quick Reply: 2004 Ram Infinity Sound System Vibration Prolems