Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

05 Seebring Sedan Audio Selection/Advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 12:23 PM
twinx1649
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Seebring Sedan Audio Selection/Advice

I've got a new 05 Seebring that needs an audio up-grade. The head unit is a stock Chrysler RBB (AM/FM Cassette) with an external 6 disk changer, and 4 speakers. I believe the data system runs on a J1800 canned bus, which is at least one generation from what Chrysler currently uses (I may be wrong here). I've also installed the Mopar Satelite radio kit (specific to this system). I would like to get better sound quality and use my iPod through the system. Currently, Mopar does not sell an iPod adaptor for the RBB radio. I've checked to see if there was a harness jumper under the passenger seat, so that I could install a factory amp, but there wasn't one there. I'm not looking for a system that is worthy of competion, just decent high quality sound that a mid 40's guy would like.

Here are the questions that I need advice on:

1) Options to hard wire the iPod to my system, i.e. through the harness, or a way to fool the system into thinking a disk is playing.

2) Head unit options that fit the dash in the factory space. The RBB has a radiused face.

3) Speaker options / amp options.

4) is JL Clean Sweep a plug-n-play?

Thank you in advance for helping me.

Jim Mc.

Old 05-02-2006, 06:58 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Default RE: 05 Seebring Sedan Audio Selection/Advice

The clean sweep is basically a high level to rca converter. It takes the signal from your speakers makes the eq flat then you can run rca's to aftermarket amps. Very simply and will work in basically any car. The clean sweap also has an aux. input so you could jst run your i-pod rite to that!! If you want to go a really cheap route can get one of those fm modulars or jst some high level to rca converters. Sound quality isnt the best, but its very cheap. I dont know the speaker sizes so you should go to sounddomain or crutchfield to figure out the size.

Old 05-02-2006, 08:58 PM
twinx1649

habeba86,

Thanks for the reply. I will check into this more tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jim Mc.

Old 05-03-2006, 04:06 AM
SlimJim215

The New JVC AR870 has a usb port in the front, so you can just connect your ipod right into the front and go. I have the model below it (AR860) and its an amazing headunit, more then i could ever ask for. Look into that. As for better sound, you can look into aftermarket speakers, you can get pioneers for extremely cheap on ebay, they're not GREAT but they're better then chrysler oem. Hope this helps

Old 05-03-2006, 07:08 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Glad I can help!!

Old 05-03-2006, 03:23 PM
forbidden

Look at this link to see if this is the dash kit for your car, it should be the correct one. When you are there, also look on the same page for the CR02 and CRA adaptors that will be required.

http://www.scosche.com/scosche_carau...B&CategoryID=5

After you have this kit, harness, antenna adaptor out of the way you need a cd player. My recommendation is the Eclipse CD4000 or CD3000 in this case. Both units you can add the I-Pod controller to (IPC-106). The CD4000 adds a dedicated AUX input, remote control and multi color illumination over the CD3000.

Now your vehicle may or may not have a factory amplified speaker system. If you wire in a new cd player and you have no audio output, hook up the blue wire on the CR02 harness to the blue / white wire on the back of the cd player. This blue / white wire is the audio turn on wire for a outboard aftermarket or factory amplifier. If the system comes to life , then indeed you have a factory amplified system. In this case it is not just about changing speakers and hooking them up to the factory amp. Many vehicles use impedence matched speakers to the factory amp and the factory amps also employ built in crossovers. What you would need to do is to rewire each and every speaker in the vehicle in this case, be it to the new cd player or to the new amplifier.

Good sound is about the proper matching of equipment, the proper installation of it as well as the proper use of it. I'd like to hear some more questions from you before I dive headfirst into recommending anything for you. While I may be new to the forum, I am an old dog to car audio.

Old 05-10-2006, 12:19 AM
twinx1649

Thanks for all the great advise. I will check out the possibilities and let you know how it worked. I failed to mention in my original post that I have factory radio controls on the steering wheel. From what I've found out so far, I may be farther ahead sticking with the OEM head unit because of compatability with the OEM 6 disk changer, Mopar Sat. radio adaptor, and steering wheel mounted controls. I will definitely be upgrading the speakers and trying to adapt the iPod. Has anybody rewired the 6 disk input to the radio to accept an Aux jack for the iPod? I would think there is an easy to fool the head unit into think it was looking at a line input from thr disk player. Hopefully, the Aux. jack can be wired in parallel with the disk player output. Any ideas??????

Thanks for the great help!!!

Jim Mc.

Trending Topics

Old 05-10-2006, 06:52 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

I highly rec. the clean sweep. If your gona put speakers in and want to keep the factory radio. You should get the clean sweep, run the rca's from the clean sweep to a 4 channel amp and then power the speakers with that. Should sound priiitte good. Actually this will help me a bit, what is your budget your wanting to spend on this?

Old 05-10-2006, 07:19 AM
forbidden

PAC makes a steering wheel interface for your vehicle and an Eclipse head unit. Eclipse also has a Sirius radio tuner available that is controlled through the factory radio. As far as the indash 6 disc goes, ignore it 100% as once you have an I-pod, sat radio and a MP3/WMA cd player, chances are better than the average bear that it will never be used.

If you opt to keep the factory head unit, you can also look at the Audio Control 6XS or LC8 as a proper and highly advanced interface module between a factory radio and aftermarket amplifiers.

Quick Reply: 05 Seebring Sedan Audio Selection/Advice