Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

'01 Dakota Quad Cab

Old 04-30-2006, 06:40 PM
IronDragon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '01 Dakota Quad Cab

My friends got an issue. Shes got a 2001 Dakota Quad cab and wants too stuff a system in it. Nothing huge is required but she would like some half decent bass. But everyshop in our ****town sofar has said they can't do it which is a load of crap. So I was wondering whats the best method togo. I've looked it up on ebay but it seems all their boxes come stuffed with MTX and I'm not sure if I really trust em. So any imput or ideas would be Greatly appreciated!

Also on another note I have the same problem as above... I drive a 1990 Ram 50 Regular Cab but I wan't some bass at a decent price. I'm gunna be swapping out my 6.5"s and 4"s but I'd like a 10 or two behind the seat if possable.

Old 04-30-2006, 06:51 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: '01 Dakota Quad Cab

ORIGINAL: IronDragon

My friends got an issue. Shes got a 2001 Dakota Quad cab and wants too stuff a system in it. Nothing huge is required but she would like some half decent bass. But everyshop in our ****town sofar has said they can't do it which is a load of crap. So I was wondering whats the best method togo. I've looked it up on ebay but it seems all their boxes come stuffed with MTX and I'm not sure if I really trust em. So any imput or ideas would be Greatly appreciated!

Also on another note I have the same problem as above... I drive a 1990 Ram 50 Regular Cab but I wan't some bass at a decent price. I'm gunna be swapping out my 6.5"s and 4"s but I'd like a 10 or two behind the seat if possable.
The Quad Cab can be hooked up pretty easily. A good person from one of the Dakota forums did a very sweet hookup in his 02 Quad Cab....and I'd recommend it for your friend. It's pretty easily done and he gave step by step pictures/info to do it.

You can view his website here -=-=-=-=-> JMII's 02 Quad Cab Stereo setup

Click on the various audio components and it will show you how he installed them and what all he used to do it as well.

As for your Ram, its simply a matter of wiring up an amp and subs. The biggest thing is to decide how much bass you really want. If you are just looking for a better sounding system, I'd suggest replacing your stock speakers with aftermarket components and running it on a small amp. That would give you alot better bass and wouldnt cause you to lose any space in the truck. Another way to go would be to place subs behind the seats, but then you will lose space as you will have to scoot the seats forward. I really dont recommend subs in an RC truck.

Old 04-30-2006, 07:31 PM
KlerricK
Professional

Well, you might even have a good shop in your town or close by where you can go to see what they can do with the Dakota. Fiberglass boxes are amazing. They can take up way less room than a standard wood box because they can contour to the shape of the space that they are going to occupy. It is definitely a little more expensive, but well worth the money, especially if the work being performed by a reputable shop...

Old 05-02-2006, 06:18 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Another choice is a bazooka bass tube. You can get them with amps in them and in a couple sizes. They don't take up much room and will give you added bass.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '01 Dakota Quad Cab