Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Tell me about the Infinity system in my 04 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 03:32 PM
KS_Hemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me about the Infinity system in my 04 Ram

I am new to Dodge and I am curious about the Inifinity system in my 04 Ram QC. I have done many searches, but there seem to be differences in the info. I know it has 7 speakers and there is a factory amp for at least the front door speakers. I also know it doesn't sound too good. Unclear highs and muddy bass. It is better at mid or low volume, but higher volumes sound worse.

- Which speakers are factory amp'd?
- What are the sizes of the door speakers? 6x9 front and 6.5 rear?
- Can I replace them with any aftermarket speaker?
- Are the front doors crossed over by the factory amp for mid-low only?
- Which speakers are 2ohm or 4ohm?

Basically, I just want clearer, crisper sound. I will eventually add either a hotbox or stealth-type box, but I need to fix the mids and highs before I go and add more bass to drown out what little mids/highs I have now. Thanks for all your help!

Old 05-21-2006, 04:27 PM
SeXyinTrepid
Professional
Default RE: Tell me about the Infinity system in my 04 Ram

I don't know if Rams are the same as Intrepids, but in my car only 4 of the 6 (or is it 7?) factory speakers can be replaced with aftermarket speakers without making a special bracket for the little 2.5 inch speakers. 2.5 is a non-standard size [:@]

Old 05-23-2006, 03:15 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

all speakers are 2 ohms. All speakers are connected to the factory amp. From what I understand, yes the fronts are crossed over for mid to lows. And for speakers, as long as they are the correct size to fit, and would recommend getting 2ohm speakers, it wouldn't matter what brand you got.

Old 05-29-2006, 03:36 AM
MR YOON

ORIGINAL: KS_Hemi

I am new to Dodge and I am curious about the Inifinity system in my 04 Ram QC. I have done many searches, but there seem to be differences in the info. I know it has 7 speakers and there is a factory amp for at least the front door speakers. I also know it doesn't sound too good. Unclear highs and muddy bass. It is better at mid or low volume, but higher volumes sound worse.

- Which speakers are factory amp'd?
- What are the sizes of the door speakers? 6x9 front and 6.5 rear?
- Can I replace them with any aftermarket speaker?
- Are the front doors crossed over by the factory amp for mid-low only?
- Which speakers are 2ohm or 4ohm?

Basically, I just want clearer, crisper sound. I will eventually add either a hotbox or stealth-type box, but I need to fix the mids and highs before I go and add more bass to drown out what little mids/highs I have now. Thanks for all your help!
though the stock infinity system on the ram is alright to the average person, I would recommend pulling everything out including stock amp and headunit and go all aftermarket.

Quick Reply: Tell me about the Infinity system in my 04 Ram