Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

06 Ram Mega-Cab amp question

Old 05-25-2006, 09:15 PM
ddstsm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Ram Mega-Cab amp question

I just purchased this truck with the 7 speaker Infinity system, and it sounds pretty good for my listening tastes, however it is a bit lacking in the low end. I have purchased a simple 100W Bazooka Tube and plan on installing it to give the system just what it needs. In doing so, I will need to tap into the speaker wires at the factory amp, however the amp location does not make this an easy task. The amp is mounted behind the glove box, and secured with at least 3 bolts which it appears nearly impossible to get to at least one of them without disassembling quite a bit of stuff around it. The wiring is on the right side, and you can't get to it without removing the amp.
Does anyone have any ideas?? I would greatly appreciate anyone's assistance with this. I don't want to make this a bigger project than it needs to be.

Thanks.

Old 05-26-2006, 07:49 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Default RE: 06 Ram Mega-Cab amp question

If your truck is ext. cab, jst splice off the speaker wire in the rear location. If not, splice off your front door speakers.

Old 06-01-2006, 04:35 AM
ddstsm

Well, it's done. I added an 8" amplified Bazooka Tube to the truck. I was able to tap into a wiring block right next to the emergency brake for both the speaker taps and the remote power tap. Since I mounted the Tube behind the rear driver side seat, I was able to run the wiring under the trim along the driver side, and not go all throughout the car. The power wire wiggled through the grommet with the hood release cable to get to the battery, then I added an attenuator (also made by Bazooka) by mounting it inside the center console, then coming out under the driver seat and run to the Tube with the other wiring. The whole process took only about 3 hours and gave me exactly what I was looking for in sound, and then some.

Old 06-01-2006, 05:43 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

Glad your happy and had no problems!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 06 Ram Mega-Cab amp question