Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

mp3

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 10:25 PM
MoparMan00
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mp3

Hey, i have a stock head unit in my 00' plymouth neon lx, i want to keep it cus it already has a 4 disc changer and equalizer etc... but i want to hook up my mp3 player to it, i have cablesand stuff, i just want to know if anyone has had the stock unit out and knows if there are rca inputs or anything like that, or if there are no inputs. i'm thnking that there arent any cus my unit has cd and tape already hooked up stock and there aren't any other modes on the unit. i know i can use an fm transmiter(have one) or one of those tape deck connectors(have one too) but i would rather have it hooked in the back. any ideas???[&:]

Old 06-29-2006, 02:15 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Default RE: mp3

There arent any rca inputs. You wont be able to do what you want unless you unhook your cd changer to allow its input to be used.

Old 06-29-2006, 03:43 AM
MoparMan00
Veteran

well, technically, couldnt i get an rca splitter?? if not, i have made such hings before. so i could make a splitter, put the changer in one, and an 'rca to headphone jack(3.5mm)' in the other and then my mp3 player in the rca to 3.5mm cable. then i would just have to make a swith for the power for the cd changer piece so that when i put it in cd mode it wont start playing and when i want to use the cd changer i would just put the swithch on. and that would work right??? it should. thanks though for telling me that it has no inputs, i wanted to find out before i took it out.

Old 06-29-2006, 06:17 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker

The cd changer is jst not an rca running to the radio.....
I think this will work for ya.. http://www.installer.com/item/displa...p?it=x3-chry98