Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Stock Speakers

Old 08-02-2006, 09:31 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Speakers

As I am reading more of these posts about speakers, it seems to me that Dodge has very weak/cheap speakers in their cars. Is that true? I noticed in my truck that the speakers are quite weak. Just something to get your mind running [sm=idontcare.gif]

Old 08-02-2006, 09:56 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Default RE: Stock Speakers

Any stock speaker is cheap.....There all really about the same except size.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:52 PM
CaptainPioneer
Rookie

True as stated above but not all stock speakers are weak... I will totally vouch for cars like BMW's Mercedes and Toyota's all of their speakers are very good for stock. I have yet to blow any speakers on a Toyota or BMW... most American cars use speaker systems made by either AC delco or Infinity (which btw is not even Infinity made... they are usually made in Taiwan) The reason they use "weak speakers" is because the Head Unit's capabilities usually do not exceed 11w per channel. The few exceptions are the Mustang Monsoon systems which claim around 600watts of power... This number is genereally alot lower if they actualyl had to bench test one of those amps... Also they use upgraded speakers, but still they suck! Hope that explains alot

Old 08-02-2006, 05:01 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

yes. it does. my mom has a honda crv and well, i did add an avic-n2, but those speakers sound extremely good! they are super clear, even before i added a new HU and subwoofers.

Old 08-04-2006, 04:57 PM
CaptainPioneer
Rookie

I would like to ( some day) in my new car run all aftermarket speakers and run it off of an amp... i think its a 6 speaker system in that car... but i would do 2 4 channel amps with midbass drivers on the floor and run the door speakers and tweeters in the front off of one amp and then the rear doors and rear deck off of the other amp... ooh yea I would love that

Old 08-05-2006, 01:51 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

haha. i think we were talking about stock speakers here... lol. jk. i guess that setup sounds nice and all... um, i would really love to add some aftermarkets to my truck, but money is a factor right now. but ity would be really nice to add the whole package to my truck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stock Speakers