Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2 amps

Old 08-13-2006, 11:18 PM
Newneonguy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 amps

I looked and could not find what i wanted to know so i will just ask. can i just buy another 8gauge amp kit to run my second amp and have 2 8gauge power wires instead of using the 4gauge and dist. block method? it will be alot cheeper than any other way i have seen. any other ideas or suggestions are great thanks

Old 08-13-2006, 11:35 PM
speakle
All Star
Default RE: 2 amps

The right way would be the 4awg with the dist. block but I see no reason other than a sloppy installation.

Old 08-13-2006, 11:45 PM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker

You need to add up the total amperage that both amps will consume. I would make sure the trucks electrical system has enough to power, and then decide which way you want to go from there. Running 2 individual 8's does not hurt anything. Just make sure both are fused seperately. Also make sure the grounds are equal gauge as the power wire(s).

Good luck.

Old 08-27-2006, 10:25 AM
hockeynut52
Professional

I am doing my install today. Using 4 Guage from the Battery and from the block 8 guage to the amps. It will make sure you don't overheat the amps and insure they have good current consistently which transalates to better sound. Don't get lazy, do it right. 4 awg , dist. block then 8 guage to the amps. My $.02

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2 amps