Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Just a Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 01:32 PM
1969roadrunner
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just a Question

Is it feasible to use a factory amp to power a 10" sub-woofer? I recently acquired a 10" Infinity subwoofer from my friend and want to install it. I am more of a fan of good, clean, rich sound, and not just thump, so I was thinking a 300-watt amp would be the way to go. I know that most of the factory amps are around that output - some as high as 360-watts - and was wondering if it is feasible to use on of these to power the subwoofer. I have an extra factory amp, but am not sure how much wattage output it has. With so many amps available in the salvage yards around here, if this would work, it would be a real option to consider. Let me know what you think.

Old 09-15-2006, 02:04 PM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just a Question

Is it possible, yes. I wouldnt reccoment it tho. The amp sends out a full range signal, so you would have to use some kind of low pass filter. Also the amp still wouldnt give the sub enough power. You can get a cheap reliable 300 watt amp for 75 bux or so new and a used one for even cheaper.

Quick Reply: Just a Question