Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

RAZ or RBP Radio with RDV DVD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 07:42 PM
petervonb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAZ or RBP Radio with RDV DVD Changer

I just got a new Grand Caravan with an RAZ radio; Sirius; and a DVD Changer. The Changer has RCA jacks and I want to plug in my portable MP3 player. The Manual says I should push the Mode switch until it shows AUX. The Mode switch refuses to do so (all it shows is Sirius, AM/FM and Disc).
The Manual says the RAZ radio is AM/FM Stereo; Cassette; CD Player and will Control a CD Changer (presumably the one that Mopar sells as a separate item. The Manual says the RBP radio does AM/FM Stereo; Cassette; CD Player and will Control a CD/DVD Changer (such as the RDV that was provided).
I suspect the car should have come equipped with an RBP radio rather than an RAZ (even though the RAZ seems to control the DVD changer). Perhaps then I could get the AUX mode and play the MP3 through the system.
I have discussed this with Chrysler Customer Service and they are stumped. They send me to the dealer. I have written a long email to the Dealer who has forwarded it to Chrysler (they have access to people there I can't get to, of course) and we are waiting. I thought I would ask in the meantime on this forum if anyone is up on this seemingly subtle distinction between radio capabilities.

Quick Reply: RAZ or RBP Radio with RDV DVD Changer