Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2000 neon Stereo problem, plz help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 03:01 PM
Jefferson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 neon Stereo problem, plz help!

Hi Everyone, im having a little problem

I installed a Pioneer head unit (DEH-P3800MP) into my friends 2000 neon last night. It works good but the radio doesnt really pick up signal all that well although the antenna cable is in correctly. The car had an old cd changer controlled by an FM modulator which is still installed...could this be an issue?

Also he mentioned that his alarm went off this morning fo no apparent reason...is there a tie to the head unit?

Thanks

Old 11-22-2006, 07:23 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star
Default RE: 2000 neon Stereo problem, plz help!

Is the modulator a pass through type, or a stand-alone? Does the factory antenna plug into it and then it plugs into the radio. (pass-through) Or does it just transmit the signal through the air? (Stand-alone) If it's a cd changer it's probably a stand alone. If that's the case I doubt that's the problem. If it's a pass through it may be staying powered on all the time which would cut out most outside FM signals. It should only get powered up when you want the changer to be played. Also, when changing to an afterarket radio you'll usually notice a loss in radio reception anyways. They do this to cut costs and improve other aspects of the radio.

It shouldn't have anything to do with the alarm though.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Jefferson
Default RE: 2000 neon Stereo problem, plz help!

UPDATE

So the alam was a fluke.

The FM modulator had a controller that was velcroed to the dash, it wasnt needed so I threw it in the glove box...apparently I left it on[:@]. We turned it off and the radio works perfectly now!

Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: 2000 neon Stereo problem, plz help!