Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

system in my reg cab 02 dakota...is this possible??

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 09:52 AM
rappin_trashman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default system in my reg cab 02 dakota...is this possible??

well if youve seen my recent thread about the dakota im buying...its pretty nice...its got mods and everything...but it doesnt have BASS...and that...can be a problem...yeah its got two 8's seeing 200rms a piece(what theyre rated for)...but the box is small...and when its turned up to moderate to high volume the subs bottom out...especially if its hitting low...the next mod for the truck...is going to be subs and amp...it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that...in an 02 reg cab dakota...there is literally...NO space for subwoofers...im actually suprised that my pop fit two 8's behind the passenger seat...so before i goto tweeter and have them laugh at me...i was wondering if its possible to put not one...but TWO 10 inch kicker square subs in the truck...now before everyone says 'there is no room' im gonna goto tweeter...and have them build me a fiberglass enclosure that will basically replace the center console and run from the floor all the way up to the ceiling of the cab...and if airspace is needed...and they can also make the box run across the passenger back seat as well...and the amp for the subs all the way to the right of the passenger seat...im probably gonna do it...as long as the installation wont be more then two grand...and also...the fiberglass box...will be painted to match the truck...itll look identical...hopefully it is possible...i just wanted to ask before i went up to tweeter and made an *** of myself...lol...thanks guys

Old 11-23-2006, 12:50 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star
Default RE: system in my reg cab 02 dakota...is this possible??

It's possible. I have 1 10" CVX in my fiberglass center console. 2 Could definatly fit. You only have like 7" between the seats though so it has to bulge out a bit once it clears the seats, but that isn't a big deal. Still looks great.

Old 11-23-2006, 01:19 PM
rappin_trashman
Professional

any pics...? like i said its just an idea...i wanna see what it looks like if its possible...dont wanna take it to a rinky dink shop...that does some okey doke job *whistles* lol...i know if i take it to tweeter she'll be taken care of...HOWEVER...i was contemplating a 2 12 inch in kicker squares...but i really want her to hit low...and i didnt think it was possible...i was however thinking of a the 10 inch kicker that takes 2500 watts rms...continuous...just imagine how many car shows i could win with that...in that small *** cab...LOL...no im not looking for competitions...i just want something to sound good...opinions are welcomed!! =o)

thanks again

Old 11-24-2006, 11:03 AM
rtkota5point9
All Star

I had a 10" SoloX sitting at my house a little while ago, but it needed a SPAIR. I lent it to a friend to use in his competition car. He's using 2 of em! The thing is crazy loud! He won 1st place at nationals last year, 3rd this year, and is 5th loudest in the world in his class right now. (Not with the Solos, that will be for next year) I'll see if I can snap some pics of my console, it's not finished yet, but it's getting there.

Old 11-25-2006, 03:22 PM
rappin_trashman
Professional

hey everybody i got an update for ya...i talked to an audio shop today...this is what ill be getting...remote start/viper alarm...zx 650.4 amp 2 zx 1500.1 amps custom box 2 15 inch L7s (although they could be L5's) custom install...and a kinetic energy battery for $2800 bucks...what u guys think?

Quick Reply: system in my reg cab 02 dakota...is this possible??