Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

fm static

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 01:07 AM
2timesdodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fm static

I have a problem with my factory radio in a 1993 spirit. I'm getting static on some of my fm stations. It comes and go as I'm driving it's like I drive through some sort of energy field or something then it will be ok for a little while then it's back again. I've checked the ground on the radio and the wires plus I checked the antenna and made sure that was tight and still have static. I checked all data and they said it could be the transmission control valve but that year spirit doesn't have one. I'm at a loss as to what it could be any help please.

Old 11-26-2006, 03:37 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Default RE: fm static

Well.......possibly the antenna got cut somehow somewhere along its route from the antenna to the radio....it could also jst be that the radio itself jst doesnt pick up stations good...afterall it is 13 years old.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:22 PM
2timesdodge

I will check the wire this weekend if I have a chance to. I can't believe it's because of age because I had a 89 spirit right before this one and the radio was fine in that one. Thank you for your reply though I will be sure to check on that as soon as can do.

Old 12-17-2006, 05:02 AM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker

Crappy body panel grounds.........

Old 12-23-2006, 11:23 PM
2timesdodge

I checked the wire for the antenna and that was ok. So I guess I'll check the ground. I didn't think to check that when I had the thing tore apart. Thank you.

Quick Reply: fm static