Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Radio/Interior & Seatbelt fuses both blow instantly

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 08:42 PM
adammayer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio/Interior & Seatbelt fuses both blow instantly

I had gotten my truck in a lil bit of water... to about 1in below the pocket in the right door panel, and it was leaning to the right, so is was not much water bout and in or so on only the right side front seat. No electrical problems for bout a week, then after using the radio repeatly while working on it, the 7th day it just starting blinking, then shut off for good. couldnt get it to stop at first even with no key. It was wierd. but either way now I have no radio and no seatbelts, Ive replaced both several times after then instantly blow. I took the right side door panel and looked for anything that the water could have done, but to no avail. Took kicker panel off and couldnt see much where water could have done it.... does anyone know where those two fuse blocks could have interferred with each other? Or Maybe if they're just coincidental, then what could I do to troubleshoot this? Im fairly intellegent and have done plenty of auto repairs, just not very good with auto electrical. Any insight into this problem, besides the obvious "Go pay someone" answer :-D Thanks in advance

Ps It's a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab v8magnum 4wd

Old 12-13-2006, 12:16 AM
habeba86
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio/Interior & Seatbelt fuses both blow instantly

What are you talking about with the seatbelts? What happened that you had to fix?

Quick Reply: Radio/Interior & Seatbelt fuses both blow instantly