Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

putting different cd player and speakers in an infinity system dakota?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 08:44 PM
chappel61
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default putting different cd player and speakers in an infinity system dakota?

i have a 02 dakota crew cab i bought and it had the infinity radio stollen out of it so i got a sony combo cd player/ 2 6x9 speaker, and 2 6 1/2 speaker kit for christmas, i was told with the infinity system that i have to run new speaker wires to the door since they would not work with the factory amplifier, is this true???

Old 12-29-2006, 09:31 PM
rappin_trashman
Professional
Default RE: putting different cd player and speakers in an infinity system dakota?

ive got a dakota too...wow...ironic eh?? 1) i wish you woulda bought a different brand then sony...but im sure it will be better then factory...however...your not going to need to run new wires...however...you will need to cut the factory wires...determine which ones are positive and negative...take the speaker wire and link it to a terminal...then put that terminal onto the new speaker...however...you dont NEED the terminal...it just looks better...and makes for a better install...i cant say ive used 'terminals' but when i didnt...ive always used electrical tape to secure the connection...everytime [b} Ive[/b] done it...it was rushed and half-assed...which is why i had tweeter hook up the good **** in my pickup...lol...but all bull**** aside...its quite simple...just wanted to point out..you dont NEED the terminals...

p.s.- dont cut corners...its not a good thing =oD

Old 12-29-2006, 09:34 PM
rappin_trashman
Professional
Default RE: putting different cd player and speakers in an infinity system dakota?

also...i would HIGHLY recommend that you get a cheap amp for your speakers...ANYTHING is better than...sorry...just seen the factory amp thingie...lol

Quick Reply: putting different cd player and speakers in an infinity system dakota?