Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Video Entertainment System HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Rgory
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video Entertainment System HELP

Hello,

I recently got my VES off of e-bay. I took it out to the truck today and threw the +/- on to see if the thing works. It just operates the disc in and out none of it is functioning. I was curious if this is because it doesnot have the can bus hooked up to it, or if there maybe a theft lock on it, or finally if it is just broke. Let me know if anyone has had any experiences using/installing/ect as I am completely lost and need to figure out whether or not my unit is bum.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Old 01-13-2007, 07:15 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star
Default RE: Video Entertainment System HELP

If it's a factory VES then yes the can-bus needs to be hooked up for it to power on with ignition. If it's aftermarket you need to hook up the +12V acc/ignition wire.

Old 01-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Rgory
Rookie

Thanks man,

I was panicing a little earlier but I went back out and tested it out with the CanBus and it worked great. Now gotta wait for the rest of my things to arrive so I can install it all at once.

Thanks,
Ryan

Old 02-10-2007, 09:46 PM
AcemanMCT

Ryan,

What's the part number for the VES? Also, is there a kit to install it in the headliner, or if not, where are you installing it?

Thanks,
Ace

[IMG]local://upfiles/54948/6565BEB36EC44E278ACD56BEFEA7C9AB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Rgory
Rookie

Ace,

It is part number 5064049AB. This is the same part number that is in the 06 Durango as well. I am buying a new headliner from Archer |Dodge who is a member on another dodge site, he is offering discounts on any part so. I think it is in the ball park of 450 plus shipping. The benifit I see in having a new factory headliner is that the light in the middle is moved to the back of the cab right above the rear window. My VES came with a mounting plate that runs from the rear window to the center pillar. You can find the VES fairly cheap on ebay.

According to the Factory Service manual there is a plug 221? I think in the drivers side A-pillar on SLT+/SRT Rams that seems to be for the ves/sunroof. I took the A-pillar off but didnt see it. I am hoping that it is buried under the dash. In talking to my local dealer he made it seem like the new headliner would come with the wiring as he couldnt find it in the computer except listed as a subpart of the headliner.

Anyways, so my new Nav is coming this week, got a great deal on a NAV and Uconnect system that was all factory that some guy went AWOL and ripped out? Anyways, I will see if I can find any other wiring for the ves. If not I will just be waiting to save the money to get a headliner, sirius, Integrated Ipod adapter (which I have hopes for moving to the center console) and the EVS alarm. When all of that gets in I will spend a day or two to take apart the truck and do it all at once.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:52 PM
AcemanMCT

My bet is you don't have the harness for the VES, the same as the UConnect issue. I think you got luck with this guy selling his Nav and Uconnect system. He probably put in a high end after market unit. Curious, what did you pay for it all and what exactly did you get?

I don't think the headliner comes with wiring, but then again I can be totally wrong. Keep in mind, everything now days is VIN driven when it comes to parts. They can look at your VIN and figure out what you do have, but the stuff you don';t have is grayed out. They can remove the filter on your VIN when they look up the parts so you cansee all the *possible* parts that could have went in the vehicleand see their descriptionsfor you so you canorder them.

See if Ted knows more about the VES. If not, ask Jaak, who is usually in the LX forums (lxforum.com).Jaak's the one that originally created the UConnect LX Harness that Ted is marketing.

In the meantime, I will look into that part number ansd see what it takes too. Maybe we can figure out the wiring unless someone else knows specifically.

Thanks!!

Ace

Ace

Old 02-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Rgory
Rookie

Ace,

I have included some pics out of the manual that shows the location and pin outs on some of the connectors. Even if I cant find the wiring harness, I am just going to run the 12 wires or so myself. You can go to any parts department and ask for

Mopar Package #

05102402AAThat will be a $15 connector that will include the pins and connector that plugs into the back of the VES. I will let you know what Ted says tomorrow. For the connector C222 you can see that it labels it as SLT+/SRT so that was my only hope that it might be buried in the dash under the A-pillar some where. I will look when I install the nav this week. And I got all of my stuff off of e-bay for around the same price as the Nav units alone are selling for. So I figured it was a preety good deal.

[IMG]local://upfiles/34158/7459700F84BB4340BC9D87854ED0312B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/34158/E8824A0434D6497EACF2B07168D27482.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/34158/727D84F36A42430A8D78863E73ADA1EC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/34158/F3513AA06C06417098AA035E8204FC16.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-12-2007, 01:02 AM
AcemanMCT

Sounds like you got a good deal. :-)

Thanks for all the info! I'm not sure if I will ever be wiring anything like this myself. Maybe I'll wait until someone puts out the harness so it's pretty much plug and play, like the Jet harness, unless you will? I'm sure others out there and not just myself will want a harness with plugs made up. Let me know if you can do that.

New project: Figuring out which dual exhaust system 304 Stainless based is quiet, yet deep sounding. Already did the FM40's in my old 1500 Hemi and they were too load. Since the 06 PMs have dual Cats, I was thinking of the dual exhaust system from an SRT10 Ram and come out on one side, but rather have it on both sides. I haven't looked yet, but I'm sure I'll find something around other than FM and Magnaflows.

Ace

Quick Reply: Video Entertainment System HELP