Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

factory cd player?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 12:23 AM
xodrummer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory cd player?

Just wondering if any one new where to find a factory cd player for a 2001 dakota slt club cab. I looked on ebay and none was there. Anyone know any websites or anything? I want to try and keep the original look inside. Also, what are the speaker sizes, im sure i could find out easily, but if you know, that could help me out.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:00 PM
jakebank
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: factory cd player?

I'm not sure what the size is for the club cab, but I have 6 1/2's in my Quad Cab. Not sure if that will help. If you go to best buy they have a system that you can look up the specs on any cars stereo.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:31 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: factory cd player?

I work at Best Buy.. lol

Speaker sizes are going to be..

Font 6.5
Rear 5.25 or 6.5 normaly 5.25

and if you want to keep the stock look then your going to loose sound quality if you replace the speakers and run it off a stock deck. It will sound better then stock, but aftermarket speakers use alot more power then stock speakers do..

IMO i think you should just go with a Faceplate Headunit. You can get a cheap one through poineer for like 100 bucks and its pretty basic and it will make the aftermarket speakers sound a hella better. The dash kits used in the trucks makes it look really nice to, check out my gallery of my pics of my truck and i have a photo of a kenwood deck with the dash kit.. the poineer wont be as flashy and it will keep it stock looking and give you way better sound and EQ controls.. and if you want to extra **** later liek subs or mp3 players ect.. go with aftermarket radios.

Quick Reply: factory cd player?