Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Couple of quick questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 07:20 AM
MoparMan00
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of quick questions

Hey all! I just recieved a http://www.roadmasterusa.com/manuals/rts3000t_eng.pdf (mines actually the 3000c but they have the same specs) and the manual says to just replace the rear speakers with this, is there a way to keep the existing speakers(alpine 4 speaker system) and add this?!?!? I don't want to put to much of a load on the head unit, so any input would be much apperciated, would I need a seperate amp for this or anything?[&:]

**EDIT**

Also, what method would you recomend to secure this in the trunk?

Old 01-29-2007, 01:16 AM
rtkota5point9
All Star
Default RE: Couple of quick questions

[sm=forgetit.gif] I wouldn't recommend using that at all. Period! Trust me it's not worth it. Your gonna get better sound out of the speakers you already have(Especially if you're putting it in the trunk??)and you can't just add it to the system you have either because the impedence will be too low for the headunit. So you'd need to amplify it. It just isn't worth it. Trust me. If you're trying to use it as a sub setup you're going to be extremely disappointed. IMO... Throw it out. Sorry.

Old 01-29-2007, 03:31 AM
MoparMan00
Veteran

So, what would happen if I
A: Plugged it in without a seperate amp in place of my current rear speakers(left speaker wire to the left input of the new sub and vice versa)?

or

B: Plugged it in without a seperate amp and just jumped off of my current rear speakers?

Old 01-29-2007, 12:07 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

If you unhooked your rear speakers and hooked up that thing, it will work just fine, but those are such low quality compared to an alpine that it's pointless. Even if they are factory, it's still better than that. Especially with it being in the trunk. It's like trading a Benz for a Kia. There's no point.

If you hooked it up along WITH your rear speakers you would create a 2-ohm load at the headunit which is only stable to 4-ohms. It would wreck it. Even if it was a 2-ohm stable headunit (some are), you would be placing a 4-ohm load on the front channels, and a 2-ohm load on the rear channels. 2 different loads. Which would most likely burn out the output transistor.

Seriously it isn't worth it. Save the money and get nice set of 6x9's and some nice coaxials for the front. If you want some bass then DEFINATLY save your money and get a real sub setup. Roadmaster = Extremely low quality.

Quick Reply: Couple of quick questions