Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Challenger super stock

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 01:15 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Challenger super stock

I am going to guess they will not make it, but sends thoughts through my head. This istrue 60s muscle from the standpoint of plain, no options, just big V8 power.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do....photopanel..1.*

Old 04-20-2007, 01:29 AM
clean_sx
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger super stock

392 Hemi and 3 speed auto FTW!

Old 04-20-2007, 01:38 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

More info

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=117375

This blows me away, a concept drag car. Wonder what the warranty is, 1 year/1 mile (ie 4 passes)

That black looks awesome, not sure, some angles it looks gloss others flat. I would prefer flat, just adds to the basic look.

Old 04-20-2007, 02:23 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my sponsor was one of the owners of an original super stock hemi dart...(which ran 9s near stock), and the "Warranty" ended when you left the parking lot.

this car is a farse, but a nice fast one...dodge will never market a car with a carb,3 speed auto with abig stall, or an 8.75 rear diff with huge gears...oddly, it sounds like it could have come out a little harder. and look at the lack of rear squat on the launch...that doesnt look like factory suspension...

Old 04-20-2007, 03:14 PM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's just a marketing gimmick to highten interest and give the engineers something to play with. Not in your wildest dreams will this thing ever see any form of production. They're just hyping a new model. There is as stated in the article a gloss black stripe down the side. Cool though, very cool.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:10 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

my sponsor was one of the owners of an original super stock hemi dart...(which ran 9s near stock), and the "Warranty" ended when you left the parking lot.

this car is a farse, but a nice fast one...dodge will never market a car with a carb,3 speed auto with abig stall, or an 8.75 rear diff with huge gears...oddly, it sounds like it could have come out a little harder. and look at the lack of rear squat on the launch...that doesnt look like factory suspension...
Agreed! It probably wouldn't pass the emission standards like this. Why would they offer a 5-speed auto on the lower trims just to use a three-speed which they don't offer anymore on anything. Wouldn't be cost effective. If they do offer the 392 in the Challenger, I would bet that it would have to bea manual only since I believe the 392 makes too much torque for the W5A580.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:47 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i imagine that the 3 speed auto would have to be a built 727...they could put one of those in the challenger, and id buy it...theyre just about bullet proof.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:52 AM
champcaracing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

the S/S challenger does not have a carb, it's got fuel injection!!!!

Old 04-22-2007, 04:18 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

the original challenger SS concept (red white and blue...from SEMA), i thought was packed with the carbed version of the 392...is this one not?

Quick Reply: Challenger super stock