Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Wrangler pickup spotted!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 05:29 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wrangler pickup spotted!

Im all for factory v-8 and 35's. Why, when people customize anyway? Bragging rights. Something to the effect of 'Who else is badass enough to build an open top 2-door with an available hemi and 35" tires? No one!' The reason people go out and modify their trucks this way is because thats what they wanted in the first place. Buying it already set up would save me the trouble. And make all those hummers look just plain lame.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:14 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

Does the Wrangler have a diesel option yet? That would be a good start besides a truck model.

Old 06-03-2007, 05:32 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

Not here in the states. To me its just plain idiotic not tooffer that 5 cyl diesel in the sprinter. That van gets near 30mpg and has more power than that crappy v-6 the JK has now. And not offering a v-8 of some kind is double idiotic. With all the conversion kits out there to swap v-8s of every kind into a wrangler you'd think someone would take notice. Even the 4.7 would make a world of difference. Between those 2 options as well a pickup spinoff, Jeep cant lose.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:02 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it. Looks like a great camping vehicle.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:59 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

4.7 would make a world of difference.
Use the same V8 as the Dakota is a win win situation. If they can offer the Dak V8 for nearly 20k, it shouldn't cost much to put it in the Wrangler

Old 06-18-2007, 04:58 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

4.7 would make a world of difference.
Use the same V8 as the Dakota is a win win situation. If they can offer the Dak V8 for nearly 20k, it shouldn't cost much to put it in the Wrangler
Exactly. A hemi would be better, but the flex fuel 4.7 still has over 300 hp, and would keep the dead weight on the front axle fairly reasonable. I cant see it hurting the mpg any, since a wrangler with any 6 cyl is totally underpowered. Having this kind of power to shove something with cinderblock aerodynamics down the road at 70 mph shouldnt cost much mpg if any. I had a '95YJ with the 2.5 4 cyl and 31's and now have a '00 TJ with 33's. My mpg is about the same between the two:16-17 on the highway either way.

Quick Reply: Wrangler pickup spotted!