Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler scraps Imperial plans

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 10:48 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler scraps Imperial plans

nail + head = #1

Old 07-22-2007, 02:30 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

The suicide rear doors are a good idea tho. In fact anything that makes a car less of a traditional 4 door sedan is a good thing, IMHO.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:56 PM
pebcak2000
Professional

I am all for Congress in lending a helping hand to aid in the developement of higher MPG cars. But to mandate that ALL cars meet at least 35 MPG is just silly. There should be a tax break or something to make the average everyday car 35MPG or better. Trucks and performance cars should have improved MPG but not mandated if the HP is not there.

I was excited to hear about the Imperial until I learned it is a upscale 300.......redundant. BTW....I like the 300...classy car.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Micah21575

Congress should stop enforcing new MPG requirements on automakers, and force gas price capping on oil companies. Here is the problem:
Oil companies provide large donations to congressional politicians campaign accounts (AKA kickbacks). There is even some under the table money, or should we say in the freezer money (Louisianna State Rep) that is being passed around. Since the politicans can not bite the hand that feeds them, they have to pass the cost off to someone else, the automakers. Unfortunately, the cost always comes back to the consumer because of technology.If they would just limit the price of gas per gallon to .99 again, everything would be alright, for us that is.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:07 AM
pebcak2000
Professional

Crude Oil closed today one penny short of it's all time high. If this continues.....it will ruin the economy. I do agree that the oil companies should be held accountable. I am all in favor of companies making a profit....but record profits!!!! (not revenue but actual profit) based on price gouging is not right.!!

Old 08-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Kingelvis
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Midnight

Fuel COSTS are also to blame the the scrapping of the Imperial.

It was ugly anyway... [:'(]

Yeah, that's physically disgusting. Just give the stretch 300 that make for the livery market some lightlyrevised styling and that's your Imperial.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:38 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

moe in wichita ks
you bought the leaded gas thing in the 70s. so why dont you buy gas milage thing.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:03 PM
dodgebrothers
Veteran

For me, I liked the Imperial, thought it was another aggressive looking Sedan w/ the power to back it up...and I have a 300C!

However, I can see the business sense (unfortunately) for killing it. Chrysler/Cerbreus are hanging on by a thread now -just cancelled 3 existing cars where the R&D and testing was already done (sunk cost). No way to justify a niche vehicle like the Imperial at this point. The Challenger is their BET now, one that will pay off.

Still a cool car. I understand the Powerwagon won't return either...

Quick Reply: Chrysler scraps Imperial plans