Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler says Plymouth rebirth is "unlikely"

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 01:07 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler says Plymouth rebirth is "unlikely"

I would like to see Plymouth come back and be a variety brand. They should use the most basic technology that Chrysler has to offer as long as it is reliable and relatively competitive, and get the plastic interiors for the mainstream product lines. They should feature the Cuda without offering luxury features such as leather standard to offer a more bargin approach to compete more directly against Ford and Chevrolet by offering a better bang for the customer's buck; meanwhile, keep the Challenger more flashy and luxurious for the entry-level luxury approach.

They should make a V8 sports car off of the Viper's platform to compete directly against the Vette; meanwhile, drop the old LA based V-10 for a Hemi-based V10.

As for a Scion competitor, revive Eagle and this time make them something other than just a rebadged Mitsubishi line, as well as take over Chrysler's cheaper models and let Chrysler return to luxury.

Give Dodge interior materials that would rival Honda and Mazda, and give Chrysler materials that would be within the best in its class.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:26 AM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Back in the older days, I only remember Chrysler as a luxury brand similar to Cadillac. You don't see the classic New Yorkers and what is the other luxury name that Chrysler had? I see Dodge/Plymouth something like Chevy/Pontiac lines. Today, there are much differences between the Chrysler/Dodge vehicles other than minor interior/exterior changes.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:06 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: 97 3.5 Intrepid

I would like to see Plymouth come back and be a variety brand. They should use the most basic technology that Chrysler has to offer as long as it is reliable and relatively competitive, and get the plastic interiors for the mainstream product lines. They should feature the Cuda without offering luxury features such as leather standard to offer a more bargin approach to compete more directly against Ford and Chevrolet by offering a better bang for the customer's buck; meanwhile, keep the Challenger more flashy and luxurious for the entry-level luxury approach.

They should make a V8 sports car off of the Viper's platform to compete directly against the Vette; meanwhile, drop the old LA based V-10 for a Hemi-based V10.

As for a Scion competitor, revive Eagle and this time make them something other than just a rebadged Mitsubishi line, as well as take over Chrysler's cheaper models and let Chrysler return to luxury.

Give Dodge interior materials that would rival Honda and Mazda, and give Chrysler materials that would be within the best in its class.
+1000

Very well said....I completely agree..

Old 08-30-2007, 12:24 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: 97 3.5 Intrepid

+1001.
K.I.S.S. -- They need to figure out what that stands for.
I know they can make decent muscle for a decent price, they just need to actually do that, and magically, people will be owners, not just "interested."

Old 08-30-2007, 12:43 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

plymouth was also a sort of bare-bones performance lineup...while dodge offered many of the same cars in different form, most of your monster muscle cars were plymouths.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:01 AM
96ACR*
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey..I got a Plymouth ACR[sm=smarty.gif]

Quick Reply: Chrysler says Plymouth rebirth is "unlikely"