Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

New Dodge ads reach out to women and minorities

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New Dodge ads reach out to women and minorities

http://www.allpar.com/news/?action=fullnews&id=1002[/align][/align]
New Dodge ads reach out to women and minorities[/align][/align]Dodge will reach out to women and minorities in its new brand marketing campaign. The new media programs were introduced yesterday, along with the new 2008 Caravan.

Shifting away from its traditionally male-oriented promotion, Dodge is replacing “Grab Life by the Horns” with a simpler, more inclusive “Grab Life” theme. The campaign will focus on people and how they “Make the most of every mile” in their Dodge cars and trucks.

Most visible will be a series of commercials scheduled to run during Sunday televised pro football games. Chrysler explained the placement by saying that women make up 35 percent of the typical audience.

Beginning this Sunday, Chrysler will also run five-second teaser spots featuring highlights of the new Grand Caravan. The full-scale promotion for the revised minivan will kick off in October and will be a "celebration of moms and families" designed to position the Caravan in consumer minds as the "ultimate family vehicle." The ads will portray the minivan as a safe "family room on wheels" with kid-friendly features like Backseat TV.

The marketing program includes events like a Mom Test-Drive program and a Christmas carol contest to be capped off with a Grand Caravan being given away on ABC’s talk show, "The View."

Dodge’s television buy includes shows popular among women, like "Desperate Housewives," “Grey's Anatomy," and others. Hispanic and African-American consumers will see ads designed around their interests on BET, Univision, Telemundo and other specialized outlets.

Print ads will run in women’s special-interest publications, including Ladies' Home Journal, Self and Working Mother.

The new Dodge campaign will also include Internet advertising. Chrysler hopes the new strategy will bring potential carbuyers to the Dodge Web site.
[/align]

Old 09-18-2007, 05:29 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Dodge ads reach out to women and minorities

Good, maybe this will get my wife to buy a charger now. She keeps saying that it is a guys car and she would not look right in one, but I want her to have one...LOL!!! Hope all the ads are not pointed to just the caravan, because that will most likely **** off alot of women too..

Old 10-03-2007, 06:36 PM
scatpackmopar
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to have a room mate when I was in the Navy that was a black guy from Mississippi who used to get Ebony magazine, There were a lot of Chrysler ads in that magazine. He told me that his entire family drove some sort of Chrysler product because they were one of the only car makers to actually include minorities in their ads. So this is something hat Chrysler has a long standing tradition of doing.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:17 PM
BurlesonDakota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the lady down the street has a SRT8 Charger and shes like 5'0 and 100 and the long blonde hair... she looks hot in her charger....

and wouldnt thinking that "grabbing life by the horns" is a white male thing be sexist and racist in and of itself? (ok now how many flames and comments will that generate )

Old 10-08-2007, 10:41 AM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: scatpackmopar

I used to have a room mate when I was in the Navy that was a black guy from Mississippi who used to get Ebony magazine, There were a lot of Chrysler ads in that magazine. He told me that his entire family drove some sort of Chrysler product because they were one of the only car makers to actually include minorities in their ads. So this is something hat Chrysler has a long standing tradition of doing.
That's actually something I noticed before. They do tend to like Chrysler products, plus they had Snoop Dog doing thatcommercial a couple years ago.I don't think the ads they had before hand really alienated women to tell you the truth. I think the only real thing wrong they had with any of the old ads was "Ze best of American und German engineering."

Quick Reply: New Dodge ads reach out to women and minorities