Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Lifetime Warranty information--anyone received it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 12:34 AM
minnesotamopar
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifetime Warranty information--anyone received it?

The website for the lifetime warranty states that warranty information is currently under development--anyone seen or received this?

From FAQ:

[ul]Q14: How can I learn more about Chrysler’s new Lifetime Powertrain Warranty?[*]A14: Initially, warranty details will be provided as a supplement to the current vehicle Warranty Information Books. Revised warranty books for future vehicles are currently under development. Customers may also visit Chrysler.com, Dodge.com and Jeep.com for more information.[/ul]
--Matt

Old 09-20-2007, 03:45 PM
United1
Professional
Default RE: Lifetime Warranty information--anyone received it?

I recently bought an '07 and asked the dealer fro the warranty suppliment, of which they said they did not have anything showing the terms of the lifetime warranty. I then called Chrysler CS and they were surprised that the dealer did not give me a suppliment, but, she directed me online to where I can print out a one page doc. Goto Chrysler (she bought an Aspen, hence the Chrysler, but the Jeep and Dodge info is in the warranty, so same doc), select "owners" tab on the top right, select "warranty" in the middle of the page, fill in the vehicle info and check the "purchased after 7/26 box". After you click, a lifetime warranty box will appear, click on "warranty details" in that box. Voila, here is your warranty.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:15 PM
minnesotamopar
Rookie
Default RE: Lifetime Warranty information--anyone received it?

I asked yesterday at a dealership if they had a warranty supplement--they did, and gave me a small stapled insert of pages with a sticky back to insert into my warranty book. In case anyone else was wondering as well as I.

BTW, I find it fantastic that they cover things as far as universal joints & seals for everything, as well as water pumps and timing gear... Who hasn't had a pinion seal or rear oil seal on the block leak after 60k!

Also a little funny was the warranty addendum having 5 year checkup records slots out to 30 years!

My wife I think believes I'll actually keep this vehicle that long!

--Matt

Quick Reply: Lifetime Warranty information--anyone received it?