Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Hennessey says time to leave Bugatti behind

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Jviper
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hennessey says time to leave Bugatti behind

The Ultimate aero set the record for worlds fastest production car and averaged a top speed of 255.83 Heres the link

http://64.34.99.133/lists/topspeed.html

Until its official the 255.83 remains for the fastest production car.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:38 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Jviper

The Ultimate aero set the record for worlds fastest production car and averaged a top speed of 255.83 Heres the link

http://64.34.99.133/lists/topspeed.html

Until its official the 255.83 remains for the fastest production car.
[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

I dont care what some stupid website says......I'll take the Guiness world record over some ridiculous website...because they are fact, unlike most websites...

http://www.ridelust.com/guinness-mak...roduction-car/

Not to mention, if were discussing just 1 pass....the Aero would be even faster then the world record it set....as it ran a 257mph pass...

Old 11-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guiness follows set procedures for their testing to ensure they're getting an accurate result. If they report that the SSC made 256.19 mph average over two runs I'm inclined to believe them. I'm sure they have it all documented if you want to check their data. There's more to a car than just top speed anyway, personally I'd take the Henessey over the SSC because I like the style of the viper better.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:48 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Altair

Guiness follows set procedures for their testing to ensure they're getting an accurate result. If they report that the SSC made 256.19 mph average over two runs I'm inclined to believe them. I'm sure they have it all documented if you want to check their data. There's more to a car than just top speed anyway, personally I'd take the Henessey over the SSC because I like the style of the viper better.
I'll agree with that! The Aero reminds me of a wannabe Diablo....but the Viper....well...nuff said..

Old 11-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Jviper
Veteran

lol 5 (smileys) O.K. so 256... just 1mph faster. If we get back on topic, you will notice that the Venom will go to mid-engine, lose 800 pounds, and will have a sequential gearbox. It should easily beat that.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Who cares if it's stock, aftermarket, whatever. It's still the title of fastest car in the world they are all after. All 3 cars are built for the top speed. It doesn't matter if someone takes a car already built and improves it or if someones builds one strictly for it. Who ever has the crown, has the crown, doesn't matter.[/align][/align]And BTW, the main gola here is to have the fastest STREET LEGAL car, it's not about having it stock. Stock is just a word. They're all built for the same purpose.[/align]

Old 11-12-2007, 05:59 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Midnight

Who cares if it's stock, aftermarket, whatever. It's still the title of fastest car in the world they are all after. All 3 cars are built for the top speed. It doesn't matter if someone takes a car already built and improves it or if someones builds one strictly for it. Who ever has the crown, has the crown, doesn't matter.[/align][/align]And BTW, the main gola here is to have the fastest STREET LEGAL car, it's not about having it stock. Stock is just a word. They're all built for the same purpose.[/align]
Fair enough, but it still cracks me up that a 20 year old car is sitting less then 1.5mph slower then the Hennessey Viper and only 2.5 mph slower then the Aero.....

Old 11-14-2007, 07:19 AM
Jviper
Veteran

Here comes another car. Top speed could be 260-270mph. http://www.topspeed.com/cars/vector/...8-ar47220.html

Quick Reply: Hennessey says time to leave Bugatti behind