Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Designer staked out Crossfire

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 04:07 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Designer staked out Crossfire

Designer staked out Crossfire

The Grosse Pointe Park woman had her sights on the coupe since summer 2003.

By Richard A. Wright / Special to The Detroit News

Design professional Mary Beth Pironne loves the fact that her sleek, black 2004 Chrysler Crossfire turns heads and sparks conversation.

But more than that, the Grosse Pointe Park creator of seasonal figures, like her sought-after Father Christmases, said the best part of the car is that it makes her smile.

Early in the summer of 2003, Pironne saw an ad announcing the impending arrival of the Crossfire, and she got a brochure in the mail.

While she is not a car lover, Pironne admitted to being smitten with the beauty of Chrysler's new two-seater.

"My son Michael loves cars," she said. "He told me, 'You should test drive one.'"

Pironne began to gather information about which Metro Detroit dealers would be getting Crossfires. She telephoned them once the cars were being shipped and talked price and availability. Some wanted major deposits or were charging more than the sticker price.

"Get on the waiting list, lady," she recalled at least one of them saying.

Pironne's search eventually took her to Jim Riehl's Chrysler-Jeep in Roseville, where she found members of the staff prepping a black Crossfire.

"I had wanted red, but when I saw this one, I was speechless," she said.

She asked about buying or leasing it on the spot. The dealership agreed if she would make it available for test drives if they needed it.

"Mine is the seventh Crossfire ever built," she said. "Everyone comments on it. Many think it's a Porsche."

Pironne is dazzled by the appearance of the engine compartment. The exterior trim is gorgeous. The acceleration is neck-snapping. The car hugs the pavement as if wedded to it.

And there's plenty of room to carry Mary Beth Designs creations in the trunk, which came neatly packed with three pieces of Crossfire-design leather luggage as a special gift.

-Matt-

Old 01-01-2005, 06:05 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Designer staked out Crossfire

nice..thats cool

Quick Reply: Designer staked out Crossfire