Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

warranties under buy-out or merge.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 10:03 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default warranties under buy-out or merge.

with whatever happens, what would happen to the people with the "lifetime" power train warranty? would they be able to keep that or would it get thrown out? reason why i am asking is because we're thinking about trading our Sebrings in and getting two brand new Chrysler Sebring, 300 (i hope lol), or a PT (ew) and get the "lifetime" powertrain before the merge. We normally keep the cars till they die so the "lifetime" powertrain looks pretty nice lol.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:26 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As with the AMC buy out, if they are bought outright, it depends on if the buyer buys only the assets (like Chrysler did) and discontinue the company or if they buy and maintain the brand. In AMC's case, they bought only the assets, production facilities, real estate holding, etc, and the warranties were voided for all AMC products. That is why Chrysler discontinued the AMC name and started the Eagle brand. Jeep was continued and the warranties were honored. Truthfully, the AMC products were the worst of American design and European engineering. If an Alliance lived to 50k, it was a minor miracle-I had an 87 convertible. Too bad. I really liked AMC. Thankfully Renault has turned everything around.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:32 PM
miboy62
Rookie

Maybe that's why they are offering the lifetime. Knowing they are selling ?

Old 11-09-2008, 07:23 AM
Axe07
Rookie

Why on earth would anybody buy 1, let alone 2 new Sebrings? The 01 2 door LXI's were nice (except for the trans constantly hunting going up inclines and 6 disc changer crapping out at 55k) but the new design is hideous.

Hope for the best, my experince, you really need that extended warranty with Chrysler products. Heres another ? -when Chrysler is no more, will you still be able to get parts (and typically w/ Chrysler products youre gonna need them) in 5 yrs? 10 yrs?

Old 11-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Axe07
Why on earth would anybody buy 1, let alone 2 new Sebrings? The 01 2 door LXI's were nice (except for the trans constantly hunting going up inclines and 6 disc changer crapping out at 55k) but the new design is hideous.

Hope for the best, my experience, you really need that extended warranty with Chrysler products. Heres another ? -when Chrysler is no more, will you still be able to get parts (and typically w/ Chrysler products you're gonna need them) in 5 yrs? 10 yrs?
The aftermarket suppliers would take over. As long as there is a market, someone will produce parts.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:45 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Axe, you're not worth it. Have a nice day. (:

Quick Reply: warranties under buy-out or merge.