Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Dodge Razor Concept....

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 04:34 AM
redriderbob
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Razor Concept....

Cutting Edge Design

The Dodge Razor? concept car embodies the purest of sports coupe design: aspirational, emotional and inspirational. Through efficient design, Dodge Razor cuts right to what is vital for enhanced driving pleasure. A sprint to 60 miles per hour in less than six seconds, top speed greater than 140 miles per hour, a six-speed manual transmission, rear-wheel drive and an engine displacement of 2.4 liters. These specifications can only mean one thing -- less weight, more fun.

"Dodge Razor has a simple shape with every line offering an abundance of emotion and purpose," said Akino Tsuchiya, who developed the exterior with Kevin Verduyn. "Razor's dramatic proportions scream 'I'm bold, I'm powerful, I'm Dodge'. The in-your-face 'Orange Slice' body color reflects the same attitude." Adds Verduyn: "Working off an all-new platform, we could create extreme proportions. The long hood, high sills, wide body, narrow greenhouse and low center of gravity all indicate secure, protective performance."

True to minimalist form, Dodge Razor's only ornamentations are the chrome bumpers, the racing-style billet-aluminum gas cap, the classic door handles and mirrors and the jewel-like lamp design. "This project really is about the power of purpose and purity," said Verduyn.

The same holds true for the interior. It offers the necessities for driving, nothing more. No power windows or mirrors, no radio or leather power seats, no frills whatsoever. Dodge Razor offers its two occupants lightweight, competition-style seats, four-point racing harnesses, storage behind their seats and the pure joy of driving.

The Dodge Razor's instrument cluster has an integrated tachometer/speedometer with analog reading of the revs and a digital read-out of the speed. Easy-to-read gauges for temperature/oil pressure and fuel/battery flank this compact unit. The interior is finished in body color and extruded aluminum. "We feel passionate about keeping it simple and honest," said interior designer John Sodano. "Razor has a focused driver's interior, enhancing the experience of raw power as only a sports car can."

Searching for a name that reflected the car's energy and attitude, the Chrysler Group approached Razor USA to form a licensing partnership with the trendsetting and youthful RazorTM brand. "We are proud to join forces with the Chrysler Group on a car that complements Razor's lineup of youthful, high-tech products," said Carlton Calvin, president of Razor USA LLC. "The Razor philosophy is about revolutionizing classic products with beautiful design and technological innovation and we are thrilled to see a similar philosophy reflected in the Dodge Razor."

Engine: 2.4-liter I-4 turgocharged w/intercooler

Estimated Power: 250 bhp. (187 kW)

Estimated Torque: 230 lb.-ft. (312 Nm)

Transmission: Six-speed manual

Drive: Rear-wheel drive

Structure: Lightweight steel unibody

Suspension - Front: Independent MacPherson setup

Suspension - Rear: Multi-link independent with coil-over-shock setup

Wheels - Front: 19? x 7?, Rear: 20? x 7?

Tires - Front: 185/50R19 Goodyear, Rear: 185/50R20 Goodyear

Length: 147.8 in. (3754 mm)

Width: 68.8 in. (1748 mm)

Height: 47.8 in. (1214 mm)

Wheelbase: 98 in. (2489 mm)

Track: Front 58 in. (1473 mm), Rear 60 in. (1524 mm)

Overhang: Front 27.3 in (693 mm), Rear 22.4 in. (569 mm)

Estimated Weight: 2500 lbs. (1134 kg)

Estimated Performance: 0-60 mph (0-96 km/h) in 6 sec.

Top Speed: 140 mph. (225 km/h)

Dodge.com mixed w/ other Chrysler Media Sources...

redriderbob

Old 02-04-2004, 05:58 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default Dodge Razor Concept....

Dont like the front or interior. IMO</P>

-Matt-</P>

Old 02-08-2004, 03:09 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Dodge Razor Concept....

With their performance, drivetrain layout, price and size, I'd buy one in a heart beat. I would let the aftermarket take care of the front end looks.

Old 02-09-2004, 02:59 AM
redriderbob
Banned

Fixed this post...

redriderbob

Old 02-10-2004, 04:11 AM
vHiEpMeIr
Record Breaker

That looks really neat. I hope they make it despite what they say.

Old 02-10-2004, 12:09 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: redriderbob

Fixed this post...

redriderbob
A pain isn't it? We're trying to fix them in bulk form somehow... it's a slow process. LOL! But what's worse, losing the posts all together? I think so... LOL!

Anyway, thanks for fixing... I like the Razor!! The Styling is dynamic... LOVE IT!

~Amanda

Old 02-10-2004, 07:03 PM
redriderbob
Banned

I am not a really big fan of the Razor concept car, but it still would be cool to have a car to go up against the Solstice and the upcoming Chevrolet un-named Solstice based roadster coming out in 2006.

redriderbob

Quick Reply: Dodge Razor Concept....